Complaint Review: Hollywood Profiles

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Odenton Maryland
Hollywood Profiles
8721 Santa Monica Blvd #1057 W. Hollywood, California U.S.A.

Hollywood Profiles Ripping off 18 year old girls is not cool,I spoke with a rep,he told me I had the name of a star,said he would only charge me 1.95,turns out he ripped off 49 bucks from my account W. Hollywood California

I received an email that advertised casting calls,so I thought it might be fun to do a casting call,since I'm young,I thought I could at least be an extra in something. I registered with my debit card because the website claimed it would only charge me 1.95 to get the package started.

One or two weeks later a 'hollywood profiles" representative called my cell phone and I spoke with him about my newly purchased package.He made light banter with me and confirmed my address and email address.He even joked that I had the name of a star and sounded very polite.He never mentioned charging 49.50 to my account and taking it out of the account.

I realized that I had been ripped off yesterday(July 16th 2008) when I went to take money out of my account knowing that I at least had 60-80 dollars in my account.I called my bank and asked what the last few transactions were and my representative from the bank informed me that something called "Talent SVC" had taken 49 dollars out of my account.I was furious. Absolutely furious. It doesn't help that I'm a college student with no money to spare. It made me even more upset that I didn't know what "Talent SVC" was.I thought maybe I'd been absent-minded and signed up for a subscription to something which could happen to anyone.

So I then asked my representative to find the number of this so-called "Talent SVC" and I called during daytime hours and an automated message informed me that it was "after-hours",I couldn't even leave a message! I called back two hours later(failing to realize the time difference in california when I previously called) and still I received the "after hours" automated voice.I didn't know what to do about this mishap until I checked my bank account this morning to find that I haven't been paid.So i figured I'd check out this "talent-svc",when I put it in the google search engine,I found this website...Ripoff Report.

Frenchie
Odenton, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Profiles/W-Hollywood-California-90069/Hollywood-Profiles-Ripping-off-18-year-old-girls-is-not-coolI-spoke-with-a-rephe-told-me-352238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Profiles