Complaint Review: Hollywood Video

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: Joel — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Hollywood Video
Wooster Pike Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Hollywood Video Accusing me of not returning 4 movies that I supposedly rented 4 years ago. Cincinnati, Ohio

I received a notice from Universal Fidelity, LP today who is attempting to collect a debt from me for not returning 4 videos from Hollywood Video.  As a member, I was involved in a rental program where you could take out a couple of movies at a time, possibly 2 or 3.  I am extremely good about returning such things.

The store closed at least 2 years ago.  The rental date indicated on the form is from over 3 years ago and I have never heard anything prior to this.  I am extremely cautious as this seems to be a scam trying to get $57 from me and probably a ton of other people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Video/Cincinnati-Ohio-45227/Hollywood-Video-Accusing-me-of-not-returning-4-movies-that-I-supposedly-rented-4-years-ag-854432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Video