Complaint Review: Holmes Honda

• Submitted: Tue, January 16, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, January 16, 2001

• Reported By:Shreveport LA
Holmes Honda
1331 E. Bert Kouns Ind. Loop Shreveport, Louisiana U.S.A.

Holmes Honda Warranty Repair Ripoffs

Complaint against Holmes Honda 1331 E. Bert Kouns Ind. Loop Shreveport, LA 71105-5632.

I had a problem with my 1996 Honda Odyssey. I had it towed in for repair. They called me later to say the repairs were complete but that I needed brake jobs on front and rear brakes. The additional repairs would be around $400.00. I told them NO THANKS. They said the repairs that were already done would be $266.83. I went in signed the invoice and took my car.

Several months later I received a recall on my car for the problem that I had (balancer shaft seal). Since I had already had the problem I was to fill out a form and Honda Care (Honda's extended warranty service) would reimburse me for the repairs. I filled out the form and mailed it in. About 12 weeks later I received a call from Honda Care. They wanted to know why I was asking for $266.83. I told them that was what I paid for the repairs. This man tells me that the only thing they could reimburse me for was for the $50.00 deductible because the other repairs were not related to the recall.

I called my Honda dealership and spoke with the service department manager. All he could say was that these were maintenance items. I then asked for the manager of the dealership. The manager, Mark Johnson, called me and all but said I was a liar. He said they never do repairs without authorization. I told him apparently they did because they did it to me. He said "Thank you for your time" and hung up on me.

The only thing I authorized this dealership to do was fix the balancer shaft seal. I did NOT authorize anything else. The manager also said "you signed the receipt." He is correct. I signed the receipt because I put my trust in the dealership. I am not a mechanic. I have no idea what it takes to repair a balancer shaft seal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holmes-Honda/Shreveport-Louisiana-71118/Holmes-Honda-Warranty-Repair-Ripoffs-4209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holmes Honda