Complaint Review: Holtz Learning Center

Holtz Learning Center
Woodbine, New Jersey United States of America

Holtz Learning Center Larry Holtz RIP OFF CROOK Woodbine, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: I am ALSO a SGT who attended Holtz classes

I paid Holtz $2,500 for a police SGTS. class.  My test was postponed and Holtz said I could return and would not have to pay again, he LIED!

He told me to my face that I would not have to pay again.  He told me that now if I want to come back, I have to PAY ANOTHER $2,500.

Well, first I would never ever pay to go back to him, and pay again for the same outdated materials, stupid jokes, and training for the wrong test.

He has ZERO integrity and is a CROOK!

Don't EVER go to HOLTZ!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holtz-Learning-Center/Woodbine-New-Jersey-08270/Holtz-Learning-Center-Larry-Holtz-RIP-OFF-CROOK-Woodbine-New-Jersey-936294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holtz Learning Center

I am ALSO a SGT who attended Holtz classes

AUTHOR: LEC - ()

In response to the complaint, I am also a New Jersey cop who has attended the Holtz SGT's prep course in the same year as the complainant.  Mr. Holtz DID promise classes that were owed to us since we did not test the year we were supposed to.  So himself and his team have contacted everyone to bring them back in April/May 2013 for the classes that were owed to us.  So yes, he did keep his promise.  A promise that he is not obligated to keep.  Yes, the company normally will prepare us right up until the promotional test, they are very good with that.  The real problem here is the NJ Civil Service Commission who has not tested since 2009, when THEIR promise was to test us EVERY year.  They keep postponing the test. It is not Mr. Holtz's fault that we haven't had a test since then.  I can see why he can't keep bringing us back for free. Just like the Civil Service can't facilitate us all, he cannot facilitate the thousands of us that would be testing.  Get real here and wake up.  We, as law enforcement officers,  need to remember these classes are an investment for OUR PROMOTIONS and OUR RAISES and to make us all-around better patrolmen. In this day and age we should be grateful and take what we can get.