Complaint Review: HomEq Servicing, Wachovia

• Submitted: Sat, April 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 05, 2006

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
HomEq Servicing, Wachovia
P.O. Box 13716, Sacramento, CA 95853 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

HomEq Servicing, Wachovia ripoff, excessive billing, adding escrow accounts not needed Sacramento California

*Consumer Suggestion: FORCED INSURANCE AND ESCROW

*UPDATE Employee: pay attention to your escrow account...

I have 2 properties in Ohio which HomEq is the mortgage holders. Argent Mortgage was the original lender that sold my accounts to HomEq. I have always had insurance on both properties. HomEq has applied Lender Placed Insurance on both properties without notification.

They opened escrow accounts that were not needed. When Argent sold my loans to HomEq I was not aware that I as the one to send copies of my insurance to HomEq. My insurance co. Ohio Fair Plan sends copies to Argent Mortgage to show proof of insurance. I have talked to HomEq, Customer Service and Insurance dept. every month without any results.

I fax them copies of proof of insurance every month and they still over charge me every month for an escrow account I do not need. Now they are calling me with collections for $11.00. They will not send my statements for payment. I have payed my mortgage payments on time every month. They sent me a letter stating they cancelled my lender insurance, but still continue to charge me for an escrow account. They are scamming people and this needs to be stopped. I have tried everything to get this right but it has not stopped. They say they will report me to the credit bureau for the escrow accounts. I invest in real estate and do not need this headache.

Danita
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2006 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomEq-Servicing-Wachovia/Sacramento-California-95853/HomEq-Servicing-Wachovia-ripoff-excessive-billing-adding-escrow-accounts-not-needed-Sac-185606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomEq Servicing, Wachovia

#1 Consumer Suggestion

FORCED INSURANCE AND ESCROW

AUTHOR: Eileen - (U.S.A.)

I read your post regarding escrow and forced insurance. Let me say one thing....The Homeq employee who has nothing better to do than watch everyones posts and gives false information should be ignored. She states 60 days after for the forced insurance and states your address may be wrong...Gee it couldnt be that Homeq is wrong or lying.Could it??? Dont respond to any employee that posts comments. Its just a waste of your time reading it....Homeq harassed us every single month. For nearly a year we received a letter stating they were placing forced insurance on our home. We never received any letter asking for proof of our insurance, and they have our address. Every month we faxed it to them. Finally we had enough and our attorney handled it. We havent received one since. I check my account every month because they are sneaky rotten people. If I didnt my payments would be wrong or lost etc. We were never notified this month that our escrow went up $11.00. If I didnt pay online I would not have known and my payment would have been wrong.I make all payments on line because they claimed they lost one of our payments. I always mailed them certified and have a copy of a signed card so I know they are lying. Try to refinance and get away from them. We are in the process and we have a signed agreement from our new Mortgage co. that they will NEVER SELL OUR MORTGAGE TO HOMEQ. Funny how a bankrupt company who never pays their bills can point fingers. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

pay attention to your escrow account...

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

Lender Placed Insurance doesn't get placed on the property until approximately 60 days after we first notify you that information is needed. We send out around 3 letters during this 60 day period so if you didn't receive any notice then maybe your mailing address was incorrect on our records, did you ever check on that with us?? We have records on your account on when each letter was sent to you in case you wanted that for reference that it indeed was sent to you.

Did you check with your post office to see if they held any of your mail during that time?? They're human and they have been known to make mistakes too. Also you said you have sent in proof of your own insurance many times, did you fax it and if so did you verify the fax number was correct?

Just FYI, if you have an escrow account maybe it's for property taxes as well as for insurance, did you ever check on that?? When you have an escrow account the total payment is the principal & interest portion as well as the escrow portion. If you are not sending in the portion for the escrow then the full payment isn't being received and that is why credit reporting is happening to you.