Complaint Review: HomEq

• Reported By:White Castle Louisiana
HomEq
Irvine, California U.S.A.

HomEq Mortgage Company Stole Storm Damage Insurance Checks Irvine California

I waited over fourtyfive days for the insurance company to get the report of the damage that Gustov done to my home. The claims checks was made out to me and HomEq mortgage. HomEq instructed me to sign the checks and mail the checks along with postage paid addressed envalopes. HomEq sent a package of forms to fill out by me and my roofing contractor. I did as instructed. All of the inside damage, I had repaired while waiting on the insurance company to pay off (Useing My Savings), I had a roofing company on standby and as soon as the insurance company checks arrived I had the roofers on the roof replacing it. it took 42 squairs. cost $11,000; the mortgage company told me that they was going send the repair money to me 1/3 at a time. this broke down to a little over $8,000 per-check. Now these checks as I was told was to be sent out,first to get repirs started, then 50% complete and the last at 95 to 100%. I told HomEq that the inside was finished and when the roof was replaced the repairs would be complete. Now HomEq sent out a inspector to survey the repairs he said that all looked good. the inspector rated the repairs at 95% complete.The fence that runs across the back had damage,I had righted the post but did not line it up or replace two or three boards as I was pulling up flooring and laying ceramic tile and repairing drywall and painting.They now tell me that I must have the fence repaired before they send any more money.

Capt.whitehurst
White Castle, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomEq/Irvine-California/HomEq-Mortgage-Company-Stole-Storm-Damage-Insurance-Checks-Irvine-California-394376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomEq