Complaint Review: HomEq

• Submitted: Fri, March 07, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, March 07, 2003

• Reported By:Ogdensburg New York
HomEq
PO Box 13716 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

HomEq, The Money Store - King of Rip-Off Screwing People At The Lowest Point Sacramento California

In July 2000 I bought a house that had been repossessed by HomEq (The Money Store). They gave me the opportunity to buy it directly from them. I thought this may save money and would be a plus. WRONG! Everything was fine until I lost my job. Being the single mother of two children and no job is not easy! It starts with constant harassment. Eight phone calls a day. Here's a clue HomEq....if I couldn't pay my bill at 8 a.m. then I sure as hell can't pay it at noon! So quit calling. WORSE YET...I was very behind. I sent in the $800 they requested to keep from foreclosure. As soon as they receive the money they tell me it's too late. It wasn't on Friday but for some reason come Monday it is too late and over the weekend they have incured $800 in legal fees. I'd like to know what lawyer works on the weekends?

So now I am up to owing $1600. OK....three days later they have incured another 2000 in legal fees and I owe $3600. I was struggling to pay my payment I have no idea how they think I'm going to pay all these extra fees. That brings me to another item. I'd like to know what these extra fees are for. They fail to mention....is it benefit money for the harassers!

I'm sick at the thought that I have to find somewhere else for my children and I to live with no job!
Sleep well HomEq!!!!! What comes around goes around and there is a higher power for you to deal with! Good Luck!

Vikki
Ogdensburg, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2003 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomEq/Sacramento-California-95853/HomEq-The-Money-Store-King-of-Rip-Off-Screwing-People-At-The-Lowest-Point-Sacramento-Ca-48370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomEq