Complaint Review: Home Advisor Inc, formerly Service Magic Inc

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Charmainmae1 — Golden Colorado
Home Advisor Inc, formerly Service Magic Inc
14023 Denver W Pkwy Bldg 64 Golden, Colorado 80401 Golden, Colorado USA

Home Advisor Inc, formerly Service Magic Inc homeadvisor Lied To Me, Lied To You. They Lie To Everyone. I Lost A Lot Of Money Reported Customer Loss = $4,025.00 Golden Colorado

SCAM ALERT!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

I paid HomeAdvisor over $4000 over the course of 5 months for leads and did NOT get a SINGLE sale. I found out why later.

Here is how they trick you.

1. They tell you that you and 2 other people get the lead. I found out from multiple customers that they got 5 or more bids!! One customer even had me and 6 other companies show up at the same time to see if they could start a bidding war. I was told by the customer that Home Advisor told them the more bids the better! One customer even informed me she had received DOZENS of bids over the last YEAR waiting to get one cheap enough she could afford it.

2. HomeAdvisor told me it would be $50 per lead and then charged me $76 per lead!!

3. They send you leads that are old. I got a lead that I called and called and when they finally picked up they informed me they submitted there info to Home Advisor 5 months earlier!!

4. Most leads are fake. I began to drive to the job addresses to try to talk to people face to face. My first one I drove to said they did not request a quote on a new roof and as I left I noted they had a very nice metal roof that was about 1 year old. The second lead I drove to was a VACANT LOT!!!

If you give money to Home Advisor consider it gone forever! I’ve been in this business for 10 years and service magic / home adviser is a well known joke. I’m sorry that I fell for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Advisor-Inc-formerly-Service-Magic-Inc/Golden-Colorado/Home-Advisor-Inc-formerly-Service-Magic-Inc-homeadvisor-Lied-To-Me-Lied-To-You-They-L-1056829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Advisor Inc, formerly Service Magic Inc

adding