Complaint Review: Home Advisor

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Bruce — Alvarado Texas United States of America
Home Advisor

Home Advisor Service Magic This company stole my onlive business identity. Home Advisor, Internet

Any favorable review you will see about Home Advisor (aka service magic) has been written by someone that works for the company. Every negative complaint I have seen is true.

This company has taken over my online business identity.  I have documented proof that they stole customers from my online advertising. How you ask. I am a second generation contractor not a computer expert, so I'll try to explain what I've learned. They bought paid avertising where I had established free listings. This over-rode my Information. In other words if you found my company listing online it would have my correct company information but the contact info would lead you to their telephone operators or web site.  They would then try to sell me this information and probably other contractors. In my opinion that is theft and should have some consequences.

Also, a friend of mine that ownes a flooring company was scamed by them. They created a web site without his knowledge. This site had his legitimate business info with Home Advisors contact info. They are stealing his customers as well.

I am also outraged by the horrible treatment the home owners have reported.  I have an established business my father started in 1970 and I strive to assist homeowners to the best of my abilities.

Please don't let a few bad people poison your view on the construction industry.  Most of us are hard working honest people that will bend over backwards to make a customers visions come to life

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Advisor/internet/Home-Advisor-Service-Magic-This-company-stole-my-onlive-business-identity-Home-Advisor-983737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Advisor