Complaint Review: Home Cash Profits

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 16, 2012

• Reported By: DG — California United States of America
Home Cash Profits

Home Cash Profits Phishing, Fake MSNBC page, spam, email account hijack Internet

I received an email from a friend's account, with a link to an address, seemingly msnbc.com.

Right away I knew my friend had not sent this because the only words in the email were "check this out" - my friend would never use only this words when communicating with me.  So, I examined the link more closely.  Sure enough, it was a bogus link.  This was apparent by the -c4.us extension! As predicted, the page linked was a fake page created for the sole purpose to have people click on the Home Cash Profits links, which abounded on that page.

I did a quick search and found this about them:

NA MEDIA Service Terms

NA MEDIA is a service of Name Administration Inc. (BVI), Box 10518
A.P.O.

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands B.W.I.. With our advertising providers,
we provide targeted advertising services through a network of topically
themed websites. Your use of the NA MEDIA service is offered on the
following terms, policies, and conditions.

As you can see, they are based, as a corporate identity, in Cayman Islands.

Unfortunately, the internet is full of fakes and fraud.  I urge everyone to be careful about clicking on links and/or suspicious emails.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Cash-Profits/internet/Home-Cash-Profits-Phishing-Fake-MSNBC-page-spam-email-account-hijack-Internet-970046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Cash Profits