Complaint Review: Home Defense Law Group

• Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: FREDDY — orlando Florida USA
Home Defense Law Group
8615 commodity Circle suit 5 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Home Defense Law Group TAKE $2880.00 TO MAKE LOAN MODIFICATION THEY POST TO BE WORKING ON THE CASE AND LOST MY HOME. Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: So why does this positive experience with this company makes some people come to this web site?

*Consumer Comment: home defense law group did a good job for me

*Consumer Comment: Home Defense Law Group is a SCAM!! BEWARE!!!

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY FROM Home Defense "Law" Group

*Consumer Suggestion: Jose Rodriguez

This company charge me $2880.00 us dollars to work on loan modification i give then a call every week to see whats goin on they answer just to be every thin is taking care don't worry next thin i now my home is sold by the bank . I recived a letter the says i have to move in 7 days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Defense-Law-Group/Orlando-Florida-32819/Home-Defense-Law-Group-TAKE-288000-TO-MAKE-LOAN-MODIFICATION-THEY-POST-TO-BE-WORKING-O-876053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Defense Law Group

AUTHOR: AS - ()

Home Defense Law Group is a business and they are in it to make money, specially to take advantage of Hispanics who are limited with English language. I would never be on this Ripp-off page if I had had a good experience with any company because if they did good, why should I check on them?  So why does  this positive experience with this company makes some people come to this web site?  Its evident that  these are people who want to protect this business for a personal reason.  Thanks to them I will never contract this Home Defense Law Group to do a modification or anything for me.

Be aware.

Sofia Ojeda

home defense law group did a good job for me

AUTHOR: miguel - (United States of America)

First of all i am a responsible person and a give my full name Miguel Mosquea. I don't understand why somebody write a complaint and don't posted the full name so the mentioned company can contact the person and answer the complaint with their version, remember there is always two versions on each story.
lets be fare and and give the other part of the story the opportunity to give their version of the story. My name is Miguel Mosquea and i have nothing to do with Home Defense Law Group, my only relationship with that law firm is a customer. when i went to that office a person named Franklyn gave me the first interview and i asked him tha i want to see the attorney, i was current on my payments and he told me is not nescesary for me to see the attorney because i don't have a foreclosure but even that i told him i will like to see the attorney and he called Rafael Matos who said he was the modification department director and explain the same thing to me but they told me if i want to see the attorney they will make me an appointment, so they got me the appointment for next day. i came back next day and spoke to the attorney and he explain me the same as Frankyn did ind i sign with them. i was current and they got me a very good modification. I did not get principal reduction but even that i am happy with the modification the got for me.
Miguel Mosquea.

Home Defense Law Group is a SCAM!! BEWARE!!!

AUTHOR: flamingjune - (United States of America)

I second the person that first reported them on Rip-Off. They have been giving me the run around for 6 months now. They basically took my money and ran. Once they have your money it is a nightmare to get in touch with them. They love playing phone tag with you.  You are better off trying to deal with the bank yourself. Two thousand dollars (Yes! 2,000.00 dollars!) down the drain... As if I had a money tree growing money in my backyard... SCAMMERS! Give me my money back!

STAY AWAY FROM Home Defense "Law" Group

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States of America)

This is obviously written by somebody who works in this fraudulent company. Stay away from these people. They say they are a "law firm"  yet you never speak to any attorney or consult with any attorney and you never see any lawyers in their office.

They have "consult employees" giving legal advice and trying to sell you on their monthly program so you have to pay them monthly " legal fees" when there is nothing legal involved. Not to mention, this is after you give them $1,500 dollars down for non-existent " legal fees" stay away from these crooks as they are going to be shut down very soon once they get exposed for the lies they have been feeding the poor people of Central Florida!

They sit there and tell you that if you want to get modified, you need to stop paying your mortgage for the bank to pay attention to you. They then ask you to give this money to them ( $400/mo. ) instead for the "legal fees" and they tell you to save money. After a year and a half of dragging you along you will lose your home to foreclosure ( which they do not defend ) and they will try to push you to short sale your house once they have a sale date.

They do this by setting up a consultation for you in their office with a real estate agent whom gives them a commission for the referral fee from their firm for doing business with you.  THIS IS AN ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICE FOR BROKERS AND REAL ESTATE AGENTS.

If they cant convince you to sell your home they will attempt to outsource you for a bankruptcy somewhere else.

If anyone WHO IS A NON-ATTORNEY in this rat-hole offers you legal advice immediately report this fraudulent business to the Florida Bar as i am currently in the process of doing. see- (  http://www.floridabar.org/ )

By LAW no business is allowed to charge an up-front  fee for a modification.   see- http://real-estate-law.freeadvice.com/real-estate-law/mortgage_matters/loan-modification-scams-and-fraud.htm

They try to mask this by saying there are legal fees involved. There are no legal fees because there are no attorneys associated with this business. STAY AWAY from these LIARS!!!

P.S. To give you a sense a security, the boast that they are " A " Rated by the BBB. This is also a lie.  It clearly says that this business is not BBB Accredited.

see the BBB link here >>>>> http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/loan-modification/home-defense-law-group-in-orlando-fl-154545814

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Jose Rodriguez

AUTHOR: jose - (United States of America)

Home Defense Law Group did a very good job for me and my family.
We were 14 month late and also in foreclosure with our mortgage and the payment was $1,885.00 a month and they stop the Foreclosure and also theiy did the loan modification with our bank and got us a new payment of $768.00 with tax and insurance include.
Beside that with their help we got a principal reduction of $90,000.00 dollars.
We are very happy with the service they provided to us and thank's to them we are still in our home>
Jose Rodriguez