- Report: #514251
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Home Deport Citibank Credit Card
Home Deport Citibank Credit Cardpo box 689100 des moines ia 50368 Leander, Texas United States of America
Home Deport Citibank Credit Card Home depot Credit Card Rip off attempts Leander, Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. I had allowed my sister and a contractor who later became her BF to be signers on my credit card with Home Depot. In the summer of 2007 I went to the Cedar park store and from the store customer service, I called the store and told them to remove everyone but me from my card. After that time, I did not use my Home depot Card. Fast forward to Dec 2008. My sister who is a sick woman tells me that the BF made a charge on my account months ago...of which I had no idea or why he could charge on my account. I live 150 miles away. I went on line. The charge was small, about $25 and I paid it. About one month later I start getting collection calls. I go on line and it says I cannot pay anything as I have no balance. Collection calls continue. Finally I go on line and it takes the payment. From that site, I send them an email to cancel my account. I find out that it has been reported to all 3 credit agencies. I informed them of the situation and that I had cancelled my card. Mind you, on 2 other cards with Citibank I have 75K in credit with a no credit limit on one, I am such a good credit risk. Fast forward to October 2009. I get a bill from Home depot that charges have been made in a City where she lives. I don't even think I have a card. I write them to CANCEL the account by email on their site. I call the stolen card hot line. Several weeks later I get a call from Home depot. I call them back (150 miles away) and they say "It's okay, we let your sister make purchases." However, the charges are for a contractor I hired to do some work on her house, so the charges are okay with me, just not the process. Evidently Home Depot did not cancel account for the second time and sent out new cards one in her name, that I did not have yet and so had not activatd. I call Home Depot. I tell them I want her off the account now!!!! I want a new account number since I know they wil ignore my request to cancel, I guess only they can cancel you you cannot cancel them. I say I want to pay the 268 dollars she spent. They do a payment over the phone of 268. The Home depot draft clears my bank on 10/06, 2009. The money is gone from my account, my bank assures me that it went to Home depot. November 2009, I am home with flu. 105 temp, so sick. Home Depot calls 5 times a day. On sat the 17? I am able to answer. Explain all this to idiot on the phone. After half hour on the phone and idiot contacting his supervisor numberous times he tells me I have to get a copy of the draft made by Home Depot and send it to them to prove that they really drafted the money and got paid. My bank charges $20 for check copies. I say no. Sue me, report me to the credit reporting services so I can sue you for slander of credit and harassment. If I have to pay the $20, it will be for a court hearing where I am asking for damages. Idiot on the phone tells me that I am not being cooperative. I see no reason why I have spend hours of time, pay $20, etc. to help Home Depot Citicard balance their books. Finally, I hang up. Collection calls continue. After 2 days back at work, it is Sat AM the 24th at 9 AM..Home Dpot calls becasue I owe then 268 dollars.Now tell me, if you are not an attorney as I am, and you do not know your rights, I am sure people fear their credit being damaged and they just pay it again. If this was my first problem with Home Depot Citcard, I would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But I wonder if this is a course of action and harrassment on their part to make people pay money they do not owe or risk their credit being affected. I don't know...has anyone else had this type problem with them
I hope I end up in court with Home depot. Only a fool acts as their own attorney. Any attorney want to take on Home Depot Citicard for harrassing me over money I have paid????
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2009 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Deport-Citibank-Credit-Card/Leander-Texas-78641/Home-Deport-Citibank-Credit-Card-Home-depot-Credit-Card-Rip-off-attempts-Leander-Texas-514251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.