Complaint Review: Home Depot At Home Services

• Updated: Thu, September 15, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Southampton New York United States of America
Home Depot At Home Services
40 Oster Ave, Hauppauge, NY Internet United States of America

Home Depot At Home Services disgustedconsumer Home Depot At Home Service-Rip Off Internet, Internet

I hired Home Depot to install my roof, April 18th 2007, which came with a Peace of Mind lifetime guarantee.The cost of this roof was $27,000.

My roof began leaking in 2008, again Sept 2009, April 20th 2010, and May 4th 2010.  Home Depot came each time to 'fix' each issue, with little success.

By May 2010 these leaks worsened causing damages to my skylights, doors, walls and floors in my home.

This is when Home Depot took the leak issue seriously, and sent a team of supervisors to inspect the leaks, July 2010.

The team concluded the cause of these leaks were due to poor installation by their installers.  They claimed their installers used a combination of metals around the skylights and chimney (aluminum and copper) and these metals are not compatible causing deterioration to the frames of the skylights, and chimney.  The term used for the metal
combination is Galvanic Disaster. The leaks damaged my doors, wood floors, walls and destroyed my custom skylights. The damages are 86,000.00

At that juncture, Home Depots supervisor took full responsibility, and assured me they are fully insured and will pay for my damages, and they would contact me with the details, and come back the following month to repair the roof correctly.
Home Depot did not come back to correct the issue with my roof and after numerous calls, they gave me the phone
number for Sedgwick, a company Home Depot uses to deal with  their clients claim issues.

I contacted, Sedgwick numerous times, and all they did was ignore calls and emails, delay adjusters reports, withheld engineer reports (because they did not like the result) insisted on more engineer reports, lost reports, and much more. They are unscrupulous, and they are the thugs Home Depot hides behind when there is a problem with their customers.
Home Depot still refuses to pay my claim and insists I go after the installers, of which Home Depot hired,
not me. It is unconscionable for Home Depot to expect the client to chase after the people they chose to hire.
They sent my files to the installers insurance company, and because the installers are out of business, there is no
claim to be resolved with them.

I hired Home Depot in good faith; I paid Home Depot for a roof with a peace of mind lifetime guarantee.
Home Depot has acted in bad faith, made promises they never kept, and when it comes to customer service, they are the worst experience I ever encountered.

After 16 months, Home Depot has done absolutely nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2011 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot-At-Home-Services/internet/Home-Depot-At-Home-Services-disgustedconsumer-Home-Depot-At-Home-Service-Rip-Off-Interne-777247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot At Home Services