Complaint Review: Home Depot Credit Card Services

• Submitted: Tue, May 18, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa — Franklin Square New York United States of America
Home Depot Credit Card Services

Home Depot Credit Card Services RIP OFF SERVICES I will never do business with Home Depot, Internet

Home Depot CREDIT CARD SERVICES is a Major Rip Off.
Recently I mailed out 6 bill payments to different companies. Everyone rec'd payment except for Home Depot, so they slapped me a $39.00 penalty. I called and explained what happened no refund or partial refund will be offered. I then immediately closed my account went to a home depot store and paid the bill all of the balance off, that same day. I called HD credit services two days thereafter because they had all of a sudden cashed my check which supposedly never reached them, and to ADD THEY CASHED MY CHECK ON MY CLOSED CC ACCOUNT. I spoke to a representative who I again explained what happened and she immediately put me on hold. Then she came back on stating she understood my complaint and went ahead and returned my penalty fee of $39.00 along with my $275.00 payment on the check they cashed. OK. I asked her what MAGIC she pulled to refund such when: (1) I didn't request it with her and (2) the two others I spoke to could not in any way refund me the penalty... SO NOW I am even more upset.
On May 18th I called in after receiving my statement stating I had no credit due to me my balance is $o. So what happened to my $275.00???? So I called HD CC SERVICES AGAIN.

Explained again what took place and the rep said yes, we will mail your credit of $275. in a check in 4-8 weeks... HELLO what the heck... I need my MONEY BACK ASAP...
So again I was put on hold.. then I was told we will expedite it with 7-10 days.
So I asked her what happened to the refund of the penalty fee of $39.00?? She then stated oh sorry that fee can not be refunded. I again explained that when i last called I was told it will be refunded. i then asked for the reps name and ID # from that call, ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE STATES to me that SORRY we cannot give that information out. No sweat I did ask the rep for her name that day.. WHO'S TO SAY IF THAT IS HER REAL NAME ANYWAYS...
Without a doubt .... I am in no doubt that HOME DEPOT CREDIT CARD SERVICES IS A MAJOR MAJOR RIP OFF. I intend  to take my business elsewhere.

NOT ADD UP ******************************

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot-Credit-Card-Services/internet/Home-Depot-Credit-Card-Services-RIP-OFF-SERVICES-I-will-never-do-business-with-Home-Depot-604520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot Credit Card Services