Complaint Review: Home Depot Online

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: Lou — Whiting New Jersey
Home Depot Online

Home Depot Online Sale items not available Internet

*Consumer Comment: You're being paranoid.

Home Depot had an advertised price of $799.00 for an LG electric range Model LRE3023 in white. The sale was up until 4/06/2013. On 4/06/2013 It was available on the 4th but I was out of town. On 4/06/2013, the last day of the sale, I proceeded to purchase the item,but It showed out of stock.

I checked back on 4/09/2013 and it was back in stock at a higher price $854.00. I decided to buy it last night at aprox 9:00PM Eastern. During the checkout I decided to check with the Home Depot "chat" to ask why the price change. I was told the $799.00 sale was over, so even though I tried to buy it on 4/06/2013 I could not get that price. So I said OK I will buy it for $854.00. The "chat" person said it was out of stock again (4/10/2013 last day). So I checked this morning and guess what, I can now buy it for $949.00, $150.00 more than the price at the time of my  first attemp at purchasing on 4/06/2013 (the last day of the 799.00 sale) This seems like bait and swith type run arround to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot-Online/internet/Home-Depot-Online-Sale-items-not-available-Internet-1042397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot Online

You're being paranoid.

AUTHOR: The Insensitive Lobster - ()

I don't suppose it's ever occured to you that stores/websites tend to get bought out of items that are on sale? If you wait until the last day, does it really surprise you that it was out of stock? Also, please consider that even if there truly was some sort of "bait and switch" scam going on at Home Depot and/or their website, think how many of their employees and contractors would have to be "in on it" for it to work. You're telling me that of those hundreds of people, NO ONE has brought this to the attention of the public? You're being paranoid.