• Report: #1042095

Home Depot Home Depot refuses to refund for item not delivered Atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: former Special Service Dept Head

*Author of original report: Response to THD Cares

*UPDATE Employee: THD wants to help

Placed an order on 02/02/13 via internet.
Order was for a dishwasher and installation. The monkees that came could not install the unit. I sent it back without it ever leaving the truck.Two Months later I called and asked about the credit I never received. They did not even know the product was never delivered. After 45 minutes on the phone I was transferred to a local store manager that also know nothing about this. I asked that it be credited to the credit card it was charged on and she told me they do not keep credit card numbers for security reasons. She then insisted that I give her my credit card number over the phone. I refused as it is not secure. She also stated that they would not send a check for the monies owed.
It seems that the Home Depot does not track their deliveries or installations until a complaint is lodged in hope that folks will not check their credit card statements.
If I do not get a refund within the next 10 days I will have no other choice but to call my Credit Card Company and process a charge back.
So much for customer service, i will never shop home depot again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 05:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Home-Depot-Home-Depot-refuses-to-refund-for-item-not-delivered-Atlanta-Georgia-1042095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

former Special Service Dept Head

AUTHOR: nita w - ()

I was a Supervisor of Special Service dept for Home Depot. It has been ten years since I worked there

. We were able to process refunds for this same situation by phone without having to get the credit card information from the customer.

All was needed to process a refund was the original transaction / receipt informatiin.  I was able to process refund to the card used to make purchase. It may be different today.. and as well if it was purchased online.

But technology has gone far since I worked for HD and I would think the process would be much easier now.

Response to THD Cares

AUTHOR: Doug''s Pissed - ()

In response to  #1 Employee

THD wants to help

AUTHOR: Home Depot Customer Care - (USA)
Please find the e-mail below I received from your customer support team
NOTE: I DID NOT INCLUDE THE E-MAIL IN THIS REBUTTAL

I responded to the e-mail and have since been ignored.

Let me explain my position again to you:

1. I will not give my CC info over the phone.

2. I travel extensively and have absolutely no desire to go to one of your locations and explain to your Store Manager in Illinois, FL, CA, or anywhere else that they need to put a refund on my MasterCard. This would most likely take an exorbitant amount of time (which I do not have) and patience on my part.

I do have the following questions for you:

1. How do you know it is the same credit card that I am presenting that was used to purchase??

2. What would be the outcome if I no longer had a MasterCard??

I would appreciate it if you could find a way to issue a refund that does not involve my giving a Credit Card number over the phone or having to present myself and Credit Card to one of your locations.

THD wants to help

AUTHOR: Home Depot Customer Care - ()

Hello there,

We are extremely sorry to hear of this inconvenience.  I would be more than happy to help and make sure you are provided your refund if it is owed to you.  Please email me at robert_care@homedepot.com with your order/purchase details so that I may look into the situation.  Once we have verified, I would recommend you going to your local store to present your credit card, since you refused to do so by phone which is understandable.

Thanks kindly,