Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Reported By: Anonymous — Dallas Texas
Home Depot
11468 Grissom Lane, Dallas 75229 Dallas, Texas USA

Home Depot Home Depot employees lie Dallas Texas

In July of this year, a Home Depot employee told us that Home Depot would match or beat the contractor's price who I had been using to furnish and install granite countertops in our kitchen.  We went through several months of dealing with them, being promised the whole time, repeatedly, that we would be able to match or beat the price, and finance the amount with Home Depot financing.

After months of running around all over the city, spending hours at their request to find the stone, and after taking the sink to the fabricators 45 minutes away, and going back again and again to find stone there, and then again when one was agreed upon to have the stone laid out with cutouts, they tell us that they will not honor the promise.  I had not only wasted a lot of time and money, but also ruined the relationship with the builder/contractor that I had been using because not only was I not going to use her for that, but it held up everything else.

They did not care at all that these lies that were told to us caused these problems.  We are so busy that taking this time out of work was a problem, leading to lost revenues, etc.  Home Depot does not care that their reputation is on the line, that they represent falsity.  The managers apparently were fully aware that their employee was doing this with us, and are not willing to stand up to their promise.

In addition, their customer service has dropped to the bottom of what is acceptable.  I had been fed up with that prior to this happening, and thought this employee just might have saved Home Depot's image.  Ha, and wow, he only helped to show that they are really much worse than just a store with pathetic customer service.

I now understand why the public doesn't think much of Home Depot, I will make sure that I tell everyone that I know not to go to their stores, to shop every other competitor they have out there.  I know I am just one person, but I know many people, and am not shy, especially about talking about injustices.  Their executives should realize that they need to have employees keep their word, and that even if they took a small loss (which you KNOW they weren't going to do) on this deal, that they would have a happy customer.  A happy customer is worth a lot of money to them, and an unhappy customer will cost them more than it would have ever cost them in a small kitchen granite deal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/Dallas-Texas-75240/Home-Depot-Home-Depot-employees-lie-Dallas-Texas-1089316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot