isolated

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 02, 2008

• Reported By:mulkeytown Illinois
Home Depot
3200 Banterra Drive Marion, Illinois U.S.A.

Home Depot Promised life time guarantee on $4000.00 of rigid tools and renigged Marion Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Read the box / warranty paperwork in each of the boxes.

I was told that Rigid tools would be guaranteed for life at Home Depot in Marion, Illinois. I was told I had to save my reciets and I could bring the tool into the store, present my receit, and get the replacement tool at that time. I went in to Home Depot and tried to do this as I was told. They said that they did not guarantee these tools for life any more. They said I should have completed a form and sent it off to their corporate office in order to get the life time guarantee. This form was not provided in anyway to me.

I kept my receits all this time and found they will not help me in any way. The poeple I delt with in the store basically told me to go on and get out of their hair. Then I called and talked to a manager and she was so rude that I hung up on her. I tried telling them that I would not have purchased this brand of tool if they hadn't advertised the life time warranty. I spent $4000.00 on tools for my business with them. You would think they would make it right with me. I also buy my lumber and much more for my business their.

I will not any longer!!! I will find another company who stand behind their advertisements and will be glad to help a customer who spends thousands of dollars their a year.

Walker & walker construction
mulkeytown, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/Marion-Illinois-62959/Home-Depot-Promised-life-time-guarantee-on-400000-of-rigid-tools-and-renigged-Marion-Ill-304865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot

Read the box / warranty paperwork in each of the boxes.

AUTHOR: Ex-orangeguy - (U.S.A.)

First. I work at Home Depot, and am a Department Supervisor for Hardware.

Second. SOME of Ridgid's tools have a lifetime warranty.

Third. Ridgid wrote the warranty. NOT Home Depot. It is Ridgid's warranty NOT Home Depot's. I have this conversation at least twice a week.

Fourth. If YOU couldn't have been bothered to read the boxes / warranty paperwork that comes in each of the boxes....that is YOUR fault. Not Home Depot's.

Register your tools. Register everything you buy anywhere. Period. Keep your receipt for warranty proof of purchase.

Visit Ridgid.com and find the closest service center. Send your tools to them to get fixed!