Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tabby90 — High Point North Carolina United States of America
Home Depot

Home Depot Bait and switch on patio furniture, Internet

I am building a new screened porch so when I went to furnish it I decided to buy furniture online from Homedepot.com.  I bought a 4 piece chat set and rug, a table, 4 chairs, a doormat and a statue.  By shopping on one website I was able to use the same color scheme throughout.

Unfortunately Home Depot cancelled my chair order, putting me in a bind for finding the right color chairs to replace them.  They did not offer a reason for the cancellation, so I looked more at their site and they are still offering the same chairs but now for a higher price.  I had bought a set of 4 at a sale price of $200 and now they are offering the set of 4 with a table for $399.  I know prices are subject to change, but not usually after you have bought and paid for the item.  And obviously this is not an out of stock situation since the chairs are still for sale.

So my choices are to pay double and then return the table I had bought separately, settle for some other color chairs (also at a higher price), or return everything and go with a different color scheme.  I feel this is dishonest and inconvenient since even if I choose new chairs immediately, they will likely arrive a week later than all of my other pieces.  Unfortunately the only thing Home Depot is willing to do is provide a 10% discount which still doesn't put me in the same price range as my previous purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/internet/Home-Depot-Bait-and-switch-on-patio-furniture-Internet-906978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot