Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Reported By: skoodo — Choctaw Oklahoma United States of America
Home Depot
1600 S. Sooner Internet United States of America

Home Depot Husky 3 gal. air compressor broken belt mfg. 4/09 Internet, Internet

I have a Husky 3 gal. air compressor.  Really liked it until the belt broke.  I have called home depot asked who worked on them, because I could not figure out how to get a belt on it.  Nobody knows. I spent a half of a day taking it to two large air compressor repair places and none of them could figure it out.  They both said it appeared that it did not come apart.  After spending a day on the internet looking for a schematic of the machine and trying to find a website that didn't involve Home Depot, I find that this particular brand is made for HOME DEPOT.  However, they don't know anything about it. The 800 number on the machine does not work and hasn't for over a year, according to a 1015158000 international number it told me to call, for which I'll probably be charged on my phone bill.  I found a similar complaint on this website and it said you have to buy a new motor, which is 2/3 of the cost of the machine.  This is the most disgusting throw away society I never hoped to see. I try to repair everything, not throw it away until it is worn out.  It has certainly made me know I have made my last trip to HOME DEPOT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/internet/Home-Depot-Husky-3-gal-air-compressor-broken-belt-mfg-409-Internet-Internet-767357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot