Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Submitted: Mon, May 23, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011

• Reported By: Martha Goslin — Newark Ohio United States of America
Home Depot

Home Depot , homedepot.com Advertise 24/7 Instulation on Electric Water Heaters cost of 5.22.2011 @ $359 for SKU # 487868 Today 05.23.2011 $468 Internet

*Consumer Comment: Isn't it better to provide good customer service

*UPDATE Employee: The Home Depot Customer Care

On 05.22.2011 @ 8:30 AM, I called Home Depot @ 1-866-228-1482 and spoke with Jackie.  I wanted to purchase a GE Electric Water Heater and take advantage of the 24/7 service that the company advertizes to their customers.  I picked out the water heater, which was a GE 50 gal Medium 12 year warranty, sku number 487868, store So sku 607988, 4500 watt double element 240 volt, which cost $359.00 plus tax.  Jackie informed me at that time she left a message with Water Heaters Plus to schedule the appointment and install the water heater on Sunday.  The confirmation number that I was given by Jackie was 1-1524714553.

I did not hear anything for many hours; therefore I called Home Depot again around 2:00 PM and spoke with Sandra.  Sandra informed me that she called Water Heaters Plus again and left another message.  She also said that they delivery would probably not happen on 05.22.2011 but someone would contact me early on Monday morning.

Monday morning rolled around and NO phone call, therefore I called @ 11:30 AM again to Home Depot; they said that they would call Water Heaters Plus.   Shortly after that Water Heaters Plus finally called.

First of all the 24/7 is false advertising because I did not receive the water heater yesterday nor have I received it yet today and it is 2:30 PM on 05.23.2011.  Today, 05.23.2011 they tell me the water heater cost $468.00 plus tax same electric heater as yesterday.  If they would have held up the companys end of the bargain such as the 24/7 advertisement, then I would have purchased this water heater for $359.00 plus tax, a difference of $109.00 plus the additional tax dollars.

My family suffered from this false advertising by losing not only the $109.00 but also the mental anguish for taking cold showers.  In my opinion when companies advertise regardless of the method such as the Internet they should provide the service and product.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/internet/Home-Depot-homedepotcom-Advertise-247-Instulation-on-Electric-Water-Heaters-cost-of-5-732203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot

Isn't it better to provide good customer service

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

in the beginning than to hire shills to do damage control?

Let us know what miss stefanie does for you.

The Home Depot Customer Care

AUTHOR: Homedepot_stephanie - (USA)

Good afternoon!

I'm Stephanie with Home Depot Customer Care. I'm sorry about the delay of your water heater installation. I'd like to look into this for you. Will you email your order details?

Thanks,