Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Reported By: amy — Valencia California United States of America
Home Depot
28033 newhall ranch road, valencia, California United States of America

Home Depot "pre-assembled grills" is a scam valencia, California

I went to Home Depot for a barbecue grill.  After choosing one, I went to purchase.  However, ALL of the grills are pre-assembled per their "free assembly" promotion.  An assembled grill will not fit in my SUV.  So I was forced to rent their truck for $19.99 in order to take home my pre-assembled grill.  Additionally, I asked the customer service girl to contact other stores in the area to see if they had the grill still in the box.

After getting an attitude and rude comments, she contacted other stores to find that ALL of the other stores also assembled all of their grills.  Additionally, after looking through the 10 floor models, I found most of the grills didn't have instruction booklets, some had more parts and pieces inside, and some were severely scratched (the grill has stainless steel hoods and knobs).

It's nice to offer a free service, but I believe it a scam when they make it so you have to pay more money for their so-called free service.  Now I get to hope that the assembler (which I overheard that he quit!  he probably put himself out of a job assembling every grill in the store!) assembled the grill correctly and that all of the parts are there.  Thanks Home Depot for your "free" service and costing me more money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2012 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Depot/valencia-California-91355/Home-Depot-pre-assembled-grills-is-a-scam-valencia-California-885414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Depot