Complaint Review: Home Gallery Stores

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Beth — Tucson Arizona U.S.A.
Home Gallery Stores
1650 Willow Lawn Drive, Suite 201 Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Home Gallery Stores Delivered broken furnture then tried to charge me more than 50% of cost for return or $400 to re-deliver the broken furniture Richmond, Virginia

homegallerystores.com sold me a leather sofa and recliner for $1521.  It took over TWO MONTHS for the furniture to be delivered and it only arrived after I started calling to find out the status.  When it was finally delivered, the sofa had a broken back and the recliner had a badly patched joint where there should have been a single piece of wood.  Per their supposed "warranty" policy, I refused the furniture at the door for replacement with good furniture - and was told it would be yet another two months!!  This morning I received an email telling me that they are going to charge me $794 for the round trip shipping OR I can pay an additional $397 to have the broken furniture re-delivered to my house.  They are refusing to honor their warranty and replace it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Gallery-Stores/Richmond-Virginia-23230/Home-Gallery-Stores-Delivered-broken-furnture-then-tried-to-charge-me-more-than-50-of-co-787385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Gallery Stores