Complaint Review: Home Instead Senior Care

404 Kiva Court Santa Fe, New Mexico United States of America
  • Phone: 5054712777
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Home Instead Senior Care ASK YOURSELF, WHAT DO MY LOVED ONES REALLY NEED? ADULT SUPERVISION OR CERTIFIED TRAINED CARE GIVERS Santa Fe , New Mexico

*UPDATE Employee: Defining the Service

Home Instead Senior Care is a great concept. At a nationwide level I am sure that they have done much good in providing a valuable service to Elders. I can only speak about the Santa Fe Independently owned Franchise who I have had personal dealings with. In my experience proceed with caution. They are a great starter agency however once you see your family Members having more age related complications, get opinions and shop around for other agencies to jump in. Find out if Companionship care is all you need for your loved one. Get the opinions of doctors, nurses and health care professionals. Make sure that you have a company that can show up and medically care for your family member on top of companionship care. Home instead is in the business of making money dont lose sight of that. Home instead is not a state certified health care provider. They simply have a business license just like your local dunk and donut franchise. They also insure and bond themselves and care givers to my best of my knowledge but are not Regulated by the State. Home Instead does not require their caregivers to even have basic CPR or First aide training. The training given to Caregivers goes over common stuff like company policies and procedures, courtesy and meal preparation. I closing home instead is in the money making business and it is important for consumers to keep that in mind always. If your loved one is able to pay they will guarantee they can keep helping blurring the line between needed healthcare and basic companionship. In many cases they fail to sit families down and let them know the true situation. Your parent may be able to still use us but Healthcare services are needed in the near future. Letting clients know when the true scope of their care is no longer all a client may need. Putting your loved one in front of their business intrest and possibly taking the financial loss to ensure proper care is received from whoever can provide it best which may not be them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Instead-Senior-Care/Santa-Fe-New-Mexico-87505/Home-Instead-Senior-Care-ASK-YOURSELF-WHAT-DO-MY-LOVED-ONES-REALLY-NEED-ADULT-SUPERVIS-517538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Instead Senior Care

Defining the Service

AUTHOR: Ben - (United States of America)

I appreciate you differentiating between your local franchise office and the network as a whole, thank you. I can understand what your frustration may be and why you may feel that way.

Keep in mind that Home Instead Senior Care is, and always has been, strictly non-medical. We offer companionship and home helper (light housekeeping) services. Depending on the local laws and regulations, some offices provide personal care services such as assistance with bathing and grooming.

I do apologize that you feel mislead in one way or another. This kind of feedback gives us insight into our shortcomings and how to improve our quality of service. I know that when I visit with families during care consultations, I try to be very clear about what our boundaries are and what is "beyond our level of care." At our local office, our service agreement outlines very specifically that we are "a provider of non-medical services; not licensed or insured to perform medical services;... not authorized by law to perform medical services at any time..."

It sounds as though this may not have been clearly explained or outlined. For that, I apologize. I think your recommendation to keep in contact with healthcare providers as to your loved one's level of care and needs is sound and wise. We recognize that we cannot help everyone, but we pride ourselves on helping families meet their needs and get the help they need.

Please take the chance to visit our resource website for families, caregiverstress.com to see our commitment to information and support.