Complaint Review: Home Pro Inspection Service

• Submitted: Mon, March 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By:Milton Wisconsin
Home Pro Inspection Service
Janesville, WI Janesville, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Home Pro Inspection Service, Gary T Getchel lied Janesville Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: re

*Consumer Comment: your remark

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: response required

*Consumer Suggestion: Being in the mortgage business.....

*Author of original report: Home Pro Inspection was strongly recommended to me by my realtor Realty Executives.

*Author of original report: Home Pro Inspection Service, Gary T Getchel lied Janesville Wisconsin

Private inspector mentioned none of problems when they were very obvious. When I complained to him about this he would nut refund money & blamed problems on city.

Ws_sad
Milton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2008 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Pro-Inspection-Service/Janesville-Wisconsin-53545/Home-Pro-Inspection-Service-Gary-T-Getchel-lied-Janesville-Wisconsin-316464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Pro Inspection Service

re

AUTHOR: ws_sad2 - (United States of America)

Im familiar with individual who filed complaint and assure you this all happened.  Homeowner spent well over 70k (borrowed by family and friends) fixing up stuff hidden by previous owners and yes it was viewable upon inspection. In fact a second opinion was collected by another independent inspector from milwaukee as though to avoid conflict of interest.  This was done weeks after home pros inspection and that inspector could not believe what he was seeing.  He listed in his report he could not believe none of this wasn't at least mentioned by previous inspector and it was real obvious. I too looked at house when they called me and was appalled how someone could lack such etiquette even years afterward with showing absolutely no remorse. Home Pro Inspection should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. This was a couple who had little money and took a large risk in home ownership and this is the first house they're dealt.  Plus this occurred weeks before housing crisis which makes it even worse. Legal action was not pursued for obvious reasons considering cost and stress.  After all the repairs would take at least that long then to pile a case on top of that with a hot head who obviously won't admit his guilt. The evidence is the house itself.  If you walk through it you can see structural damage to walls of concrete basement where repairs where made. You can also see other repairs made which are connected to previous reports of damages. Owner had difficult time finding good help as this tiny little community (we suspect based on their actions) is in total cahoots and more than likely already familiar. Corruption and greed runs rampant in these parts(we suspect based on their actions). No further comment.

your remark

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

I was sifting through this site & saw this report. After everything I read it is clear to me sir you did not read all the details from the author. It clearly says why author did not seek money for damages. And honestly who makes up such a thing out of the blue!? All in all I'm not surprised this happened because author used a Realtor recommended inspector. You never do that for obvious reasons conflict of interest.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

response required

AUTHOR: Gary Getchel - (United States of America)

I normally do not respond to such nonsense, but I felt I had to.  If any of this was true, you would think this individual would try to collect for damages.  He did not because none of the problems existed.  Enough Said!!!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Being in the mortgage business.....

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

It is always better to get a home inspection that is not associated with the realty to avoid this very type of problem. Of course your realtor wanted a good inspection. If you ever buy a house again, get an independent inspector who has no ties to the mortgage company. I'm sorry for the mess you are now stuck in!

Cat

AUTHOR: Ws_sad - (U.S.A.)

I'm updating this report so anyone reading it will better understand what I am saying.

I hired Home Pro Inspection to perform an inspection on a house I wanted to buy. I would not have purchased house if problems it currently has were mentioned on Home Pro Inspections report! Home Pro Inspection gave this house a good report & did not mention any of the problems it currently has.

After closing on this house I discovered problems & asked Home Pro Inspection to return so I could question them. Home Pro Inspection verbally told me none of current problems existed at time of inspection & most of it had stuff stacked in front of it which he is not authorized to move by law (none of this was added in written report provided to me by Home Pro Inspection prior to offer being made on house). Inspection report gave house a clean bill of health & subsequently an offer was made because of that! After it was too late I later learned after closing this was all untrue!!

Legal action was not pursued given obvious costs of litigation in this country not to mention time it would take & stress it would cause!

It is my opinion I was lied to so a sale could be made in an obviously difficult & trying realty market where sales are down!!

Home Pro Inspection Service, Gary T Getchel lied Janesville Wisconsin

AUTHOR: Ws_sad - (U.S.A.)

Purchased a home in 2007. Home Pro Inspection mentioned no problems when many obviously existed. When I complained he would nut refund money & made up stuff to cover his rear.

Ws_sad Milton, Wisconsin