Complaint Review: Home Protect Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, December 08, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: Glolilly — Desoto Texas U.S.A.
Home Protect Warranty
1625 NW 136th Avenue, Suite 200 Internet United States of America

Home Protect Warranty Hot water stopped working Mid April 2011 and called Home Protect. Plumber states hot water heater is out and we paid close to $500 on our credit card for a new hot water heater. 6 months later no more Misdiagnosised and charged us $625 for repairs not needed. Internet

To make it brief, we called them when the hot water stopped working. They said we needed a new one, bam $450.   6 months later the same problem, bam $125. Same day still no hot water. Misdiagnosed, it was a leak under the slab. Asked for refund and was told to call their plumber and get it. Sent a different company who states it will be $2,400 to repair.

The next day they called to say they don't cover it. I said well you owe me my $625 back. She got quiet. I said you know you all have hundreds of negative reviews on the Internet. Still quiet. I then said goodbye you all have been unhelpful to me and I will file a BBB report. Looked on BBB and they had 813 complaints filed already with most NOT satisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Protect-Warranty/internet/Home-Protect-Warranty-Hot-water-stopped-working-Mid-April-2011-and-called-Home-Protect-Pl-806654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Protect Warranty