Complaint Review: Home Retention Service, California

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: SF — Anyplace Utah U.S.A.
Home Retention Service, California
30320 Rancho Viejo Road Suite 16 San Juan Capistrano, California United States of America

Home Retention Service, California Dishonest, Deceptive, Unaccountable, Very Poor Customer Service San Juan Capistrano, California

*Author of original report: REFUND RECEIVED

*Author of original report: Home Retention Services

This company charges $895 to help me stop a trustee sale on my house.  I was trying to communicate with them two days before the sale to get updated and advice on how to proceed to make sure the sale would get postponed.  I left voice messages with a man name Greg Feldman, as well as emails, none of which were answered.  The day before the scheduled trustee sale a person name Connie from Home Retention Services emailed me and said that they couldn't confirm that the sale had been postponed and advised me to file for bankruptcy to stop the sale.

She offered to fill out the paperwork for the bankruptcy for me for the same $895, or said I couldn't do the bankruptcy on my own.  I asked her if I did the bankruptcy myself could I get a refund from Home Retention Services.  She said I could get a refund "ASAP," so I told her I would do the bankruptcy myself and to please send me the refund ASAP as she promised would happen.  So I went forward with the bankruptcy thinking that I would get $895 back from Home Retention Services to help pay for it.  The next day the sale was cancelled by the law firm I hired for the bankruptcy, so I emailed Connie to ask her how and when I would get the refund and she took 4 hours to answer me, saying "good news, the sale postponed."

Apparently, she had kept working to get the foreclosure sale stopped even though I told her I wanted the refund I would get ASAP and that I was filing bankruptcy to stop the sale.  When I told her this, I got an email from Greg Feldman, the apparent owner of the company, saying since they stopped the sale that I wouldn't receive a refund.  He also said because I told Connie to not do the bankruptcy and to keep trying to stop the sale, they worked all night to get it stopped, which is a lie since I told Connie to send me a refund, in other words to stop the foreclosure delay services.

This company is very shady and underhanded.  Greg Feldman is very dishonest and not willing to work with his customers.  They don't answer emails and phone messages promptly, even when a foreclosure sale is looming quickly.  They don't care about their clients and about the stressful situation that having your home foreclosed on really is.  They won't refund my money that was promised me, and now I have a bankruptcy on my credit, and will probably lose my house foreclosed on in the future anyway, and the $895 that was stolen from me from this dishonest company for doing nothing but being difficult to work with only adds to the stress and strain.  Do not work with this company at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Retention-Service-California/San-Juan-Capistrano-California-92675/Home-Retention-Service-California-Dishonest-Deceptive-Unaccountable-Very-Poor-Custome-932276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Retention Service, California

REFUND RECEIVED

AUTHOR: Swift fellow - (U.S.A.)

Home Retention Services has sent me a full refund of $895 as they promised.  The company has proven to be honest and willing to follow through with their promises and live up to their word.  I hereby retract my previous negative comments about this company and am now satisfied with the outcome of my business relationship with them.

Home Retention Services

AUTHOR: Swift fellow - (U.S.A.)

The name of this company is actually Home Retention Services and is located in San Juan Capistrano, California.  Again, do not work with this company.  They do not have your best interest in mind.