Complaint Review: Home Service USA

• Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Home Service USA HOMESERV USA Could not repair my clogged drain MIAMI, Florida

*Author of original report: Home Serve resolves issue

For starters, what you have must know about Home Service is you have to sign a waiver,
stating HOme Service or its contractors are responsible for anything they break.

I called out a clogged sewer line, my sewer line runs about 140 feet where it hands off to the main line.  When the plumbing company contracted by Home Serve came out, I asked them if they had a snake over 100 feet, he said it was 90 feet.  I said you probably won't be able to fix this, but knock yourself out.  He starting complaining about not have a clean out drain, I explained the house is 85 years old and it is led pipe. After running his 90 foot snake, to no luck he said another tech would come out with a jet router.    A 2nd technician (not a plumber) came out, and after questioning my assessment of needing a longer snake, he realized his jet router nozzle would not fit in the access hole of my sewer line.  He said he could make the hole bigger, when I asked him if he broke my sewer line would they fix it.  He said I am responsible for all damage.  This is where you should forget about using this company.  I reviewed my contract and could not find any print stating this.  Where you get this is when a technician comes out.  I called home service they said if the contractor they called doesn't have a longer snake, they would contact another contractor.  I was told I would hear from another plumber in the next hour.  24 hours later I called Home Service and was told the manager for Home Service in the Northeast would not contact another plumber and the customer does not have a say in how the repairs are made.  I asked for a supervisor, was told a supervisor would contact me in 24 hours.  I asked for a refund of my 120.00, which i paid 2 months earlier.  They said no refunds.  So I obviously don't have another 24 hours to wait for my sewer line to be clogged, so I filed a report to my credit card company, and vowed I will get the word out about Home Service and their hidden waivers.  Once I get the bill from my plumber I will pursue recouping the cost from Home SErvice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Service-USA/MIAMI-Florida-33126/Home-Service-USA-HOMESERV-USA-Could-not-repair-my-clogged-drain-MIAMI-Florida-725179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Service USA

Home Serve resolves issue

AUTHOR: JoeG - (United States of America)

After the Supervisor from Home Serve USA called the next day, I told her I contacted a company who were coming out the next day.  I again told my story, she asked if she could call me back after a conference call she was having with regional manager and owner of the plumbing company.  1 hour later they called back and said the owner of the company was going to come out first thing in the morning to work on my clog.  The next day they opened the hole so they could get a 200 foot snake in the pipe, they agreed it was too risky to open the pipe to get the jet router in, fixed my clog.

Lessons learned, if you don't have a full contract for the entire house, you are liable.  Or you will have to fight them.  I have contract for outside sewer line.  The plumber told me the clog was 140 meet out, which was counties property.  What this means is Home Serve could have denied the claim since it is counties property.  I suppose since the way this was handled they wanted to do good by me.  I am happy, but learned a lot about these contracts.  Beware, if you don't have a full contract inside and outside sewer drains, same applies with water lines.  If you suspect the clog is beyond your property line you could be denied.