• Report: #481967

• Updated: Tue, August 18, 2009

• Reported By: Home Warranty Group — Brooklyn New York USA
Home Warranty Group / Alberto Benamu
www.homewarrantygroup.com Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Home Warranty Group / Alberto Benamu Home Warranty Group.HomeWarrantyGroup.comhomewarrantygroup.com Albreto Benamu Wextrust Capital Home Warranty Group / www.homewarrantygroup.com is a scam. This is a home warranty scam. Brooklyn, New York

Home Warranty Group
PO Box 230235
Brooklyn, New York
Phone: 866-240-8176

homewarrantygroup.com Home Warranty Group / www.homewarrantygroup.com is a scam. This is a home warranty scam.

Because of this website, I did not use American Home Shield or National Home Protection. I found Home Warranty Group on the internet and they sounded pretty good as a start-up company.

I entered my information to get a quote, and found out that you need to wait for them to call you to get your quote. They made it seem that my quote would come immediately. That was problem number 1.

Next, I get a call from a gentlemen, definately using a fake voice, offering to give me a quote. At first, he seemed very helpful, but then as his fake voice kept going in and out, he started talking to someone else in his office, cussing, laughing, and making jokes. Anyway, I asked how long they were in business he said something like 8 years, so I asked if I could read some info on their website and he said, oh the website is still under contstruction??? I said for 8 years???? he laughed and said you know how hard it is to get good technicians. [continued below]....

..... Anyway this was the biggest joke I ever heard, and I need to warn everyone about the www.homewarrantygroup.com scam.

I did a who is lookup on the internet and it seems this brooklyn company is owned by Alberto Benamu. I did a little digging into Alberto Benamu and it seems he used to work for a company called Wextrust Capital which was accused of fraud. Read the article in the New York Times Here -- http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/12/business/12wextrust.html

Also it seems that this website was just registered on 4/21/2009 so they have only been in business for less than 6 months. (picture of the whois lookup attached)

Stay away from the home warranty group scam. I reported them to the better business bureau and hope that everyone can find this post and not make the mistake of purchasing from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Warranty-Group-Alberto-Benamu/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/Home-Warranty-Group-Alberto-Benamu-Home-Warranty-GroupHomeWarrantyGroupcomhomewarranty-481967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Warranty Group / Alberto Benamu