qualified

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: lnsy12 — Sydney Internet United States of America
Home Website Builder

Home Website Builder Home Website Builder 2.0 Beware of Scam - Highly misleading and Deceptive Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Home Website Builder 2.0

I am writing this report, in the hope that other people will not fall for the scam that is "Home Website Builder".

Their video which plays for about 25 mins is very convincing to the average user, that you will earn a minimum of $35 a day up to something like $180 with just one single website created with their software. The video is well done, plays on emotion, and completely sucks you in considering their supposed offer.

What comes next, is up-sell after up-sell. I bought the product that was advertised to make websites which bring income, and include 2 years of hosting, for close to $40. As soon as I paid for this, I am directed to another sales video(which suggests that you need this second piece of software to succeed), which costs $297!! You've got to be kidding.

After declining 3 different up-sell attempts after making my original purchase, I finally login to their "Home Website Builder" software, and after attempting to create my site I HAVE to buy hosting and a domain through their company. You can't "build" a website and host it yourself?

What sort of SCAM and RIPOFF is this? This whole company is highly misleading and deceptive, and I suggest anyone who is enticed by their product to STAY AWAY.

I sincerely hope they are named and shamed all over the internet. This type of FALSE advertising is unacceptable.

Thankyou.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Website-Builder/internet/Home-Website-Builder-Home-Website-Builder-20-Beware-of-Scam-Highly-misleading-and-Decep-890346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Website Builder

Home Website Builder 2.0

AUTHOR: Paul Wilson - (United Kingdom)

Hello,

My name is Paul Wilson and I work for Home Website Builder.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear you have received a negative experience using the program. We have built this system to help customers create their own websites that will look professional enough to make some money through the internet. This is a tried and tested technique and we have thousands of customers making money around the globe.

The upgrades are there to help you along the way. However, they are totally optional. You don't have to purchase them if you don't want too.

However, the hosting fee is a set charge that you would have to pay. This is because every website on the internet requires a host. Without a hosting package, the website will not be visible to anyone. Every website you have ever visited, and will ever visit, will have a hosting package.

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you as much as possible. Our email address is support@homewebsitebuilder.com.

Regards,