Complaint Review: Home first agency

• Updated: Fri, August 12, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Crossville Tennessee United States of America
Home first agency
p.o. box 9770 Maryville, Tennessee United States of America

Home first agency Canceled homeowners insurance by including a claim where reimbursement was never made. Maryville, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Get insurance somewhere else.

I have carried insurance on my home through home first, maryville tennessee since I purchased the home in 2005. I had an incident in 2006 where we found a leak that had resulted when the home had been installed and was overlooked by the people who set up and installed the mobile home.  The water had done serious damage to the cabinetry in the kitchen and warped the walls.  Well at the time i submitted a claim, but home first denied payment, well okay, i guess there was nothing I could do about that.  They told me they didnt pay for water damage. The insurance agent said we should have been taking out the appliances periodically to check for leaks, and if we found one, to fix it on our own. well we fixed the source of the leak, nothing more said.

In March of 2011, we had an accidental house fire, where a large amount of smoke damage was done to our home. The insurance company only agreed to pay so much, but did reimburse us for some of our personal items, and gave us living expense money which we appreciated. Not five months after the incident they are canceling my home insurance due to the fact I had two claims. Well the first claim was not even paid by them so how can they do this to us. They have been taking our money which was held in escrow by Vanderbilt Mortgage, which is one in the same company. Now the agent who called me about my payment told me "we helped you out and gave you money to fix that." Wait a minute, i had been paying my insurance for how many years, they didnt help me out. they only thing they have caused is the inconvenience of worrying about how to get insurance and now Vanderbilt will charge me for insurance on their mortgage payment, How convenient, it sounds like something they thought of together. I need help to sort this out. its not fair when I only had one claim that was paid, and they are holding two claims against me. Now they have the window of opportunity to try and take my home since it was remodeled, i thought set ups such as this were illegal. I need help in finding the end to this messed up situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-first-agency/Maryville-Tennessee-37802/Home-first-agency-Canceled-homeowners-insurance-by-including-a-claim-where-reimbursement-764318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home first agency

Get insurance somewhere else.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Insurance companies can decide not to renew policies for whatever reason they want.  Apparently, they think two claims in 6 years is too much risk.  That's their call.

I had a company that dropped me after 20 yrs. and zero claims.  They insisted that my perfectly good roof was too old and I'd have to replace it or they would not renew the policy.   I just went to a different insurance company and got a policy from them.

Given your past experience, you'd probably be much better off with a different insurance company anyway.  The one you have does not sound very good.