Complaint Review: HomeAway.com

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Federico — Mendoza Other Argentina
HomeAway.com
1011 W. Fifth Street, Suite 300 Internet United States of America

HomeAway.com CyberRentals.com They scam me with 4740 usd by renting me a property wich after the owner didnt knew at all. My money lost internet, Internet

On Januray 21th I used the Web page of homeaway to find a property to rent on Vail.

I send my inquiry through their web page, after that I recieved an e:mail from them stating that they where contacting the owner and he would soon contact me.

On the 25th the suposed owner contact me with a copy of the e:mail sent by homeaway.com

He send me all the contracts that I need it to sing, and the proceudure to rent the property, all with homeaway stamps.

All of this is the standard proceudure that homeaway advices to do so not to have any problems.

After making my deposit I also bought insurance from homeaway.com that if I had any problems with my rental this would cover them.

the 8th of february I recieved this e:mail from homeaway:
Website: HomeAway.com
Property number: 184193
Description: "Luxurious, Roomy In Town 3BR/2.5BA/Loft-Take Virtual Tour!" in Vail, CO

Dear Traveler,

You recently sent an inquiry for the above referenced property. This property can be found by entering the vacation rental listing number in the search box on the homepage.

It is possible that you may have been affected by a breach of an owners or property managers account or
email account. When we learned of this potential breach we moved promptly to suspend the owners or property managers listings and put them through a process to reinstate their listings on our site with a revised account.

If you are still interested in this property or if you have booked this property, please recontact this owner or
property manager through the inquiry form on the listing, which will route your communication to the revised account. Alternately, you may call the advertiser directly if a phone number is displayed on the listing.  Please be careful about your means of payment and we advise against sending any payment details (such as credit card information) by
email.

As always, please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
HomeAway.com Trust and Security

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off course I contact them and did eaclty what this mail stated, I inquired again the property,

Except this time the "real" owner did reply! He said he had never answerd my mail since his home was not available for those dates. This is at least strange, the fisrt time even he knew ther was no dates avalable he didnt answer but on the second one the answer is on the same date.

From that ponit Ive boeng in contact eith Homeaway and I have no answer on how I am suposed to get my money back.

Of course I will have to rent another place since my hole trip is already paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomeAwaycom/internet/HomeAwaycom-CyberRentalscom-They-scam-me-with-4740-usd-by-renting-me-a-property-wich-a-837290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomeAway.com