• Report: #420561

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2009

• Reported By:jonesboro Georgia
HomeEq Servicing
4837 Watt Avenue North Highlands, California U.S.A.

HomeEq Servicing Accepted inflated appraisal, agreed to short sale and rejected it North Highland California

When the loan was originated, the paper work was all screwed up. It had to be redone. After making a few payments, I started getting behind. Things happened as time went by and I was uable to make my monthly payments. I asked HomeEq if I could get my loan modified only to be told that the loans is too new. I could not afford the forbearance plan that they came up with. If I could have afforded that, I could make my monthly payments. I asked if I could get the phone number of the actual loan and/or mortgage company. They told me that they were the loan company.

I also found out that my house was appraised for more than it was worth. I asked for an agreement to a short sale. They agreed only if I would give them money up front. I gave them $700.00 and I found a broker. He listed the home for $65,000 which is the actual price of my loan. HomeEq asked me to drop the asking price to a lower amount to attract a buyer. The broker dropped it to $45,000. A buyer called and wanted to make a deal for $35,000. The broker called HomeEq with the offer to be told they would think about it.

After a day or so, they finally said no to the offer. That was too low for them to approve. Then 2 to 3 weeks later that decided to accept the offer. By this time, it was too late because the buyer had moved on to other properties. My broker said they would have been better off accepting the offer. I moved on because I knew foreclosure was next. My husband and I didn't want to be out on the street with our kids. I don't want this to happen to any one else. It may be too late for me, but getting the word out is important.

Pam
jonesboro, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomeEq-Servicing/North-Highlands-California-95660/HomeEq-Servicing-Accepted-inflated-appraisal-agreed-to-short-sale-and-rejected-it-North-H-420561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomeEq Servicing