Complaint Review: HomeStuffers

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2007

• Reported By:Walworth New York
HomeStuffers
PO Box 270258 San Diego, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 212-9465736
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

HomeStuffers fraudulent, ripoff, fake, dishonest, cruel, predatorial San Diego California

I recently lost my job, which was heartbreaking for my wife and I. We both worked for the same wonderful company--an organization that provides care to people with developmental disabilities. She still works there but I am out of a job currenly and looking. We stumbled across this ad in the Wayne County Pennysaver about working from home stuffing envelopes. It gave a number for us to call to request further information and an application, which we did; we then shortly received the application from a woman named Mary Catherine Rich in the mail, which requested a "fully refundable" $45 deposit, which it said would be used to show that we are serious about the opportunity and not simply trying to "satisfy our own curiosity". It said that within 3-4 weeks we would receive all the necessary materials to start stuffing the envelopes, that all the pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelopes would be delivered to us to stuff, and would be picked up in the same manner. Well, we really want to make some extra money, and the whole thing seemed a little shady but we decided we'd give it a try and "hey we'll get our money back anyway". I just couldn't shake the feeling that this was a little shady so I decided to research it a little online, and THANKS BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY. I was outside pulling that thing out of the mailbox so fast...thank God it didn't get mailed out today. To anyone who sees this ad, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT, it is a scam.

To everyone who has put up your postings on this site regarding this matter, on behalf on my wife and myself, thank you, from the very bottom of our hearts. We are very financially constrained right now and we almost made a senseless waste of the little money we have.

Devin
Walworth, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomeStuffers/San-Diego-California-92198/HomeStuffers-fraudulent-ripoff-fake-dishonest-cruel-predatorial-San-Diego-California-241608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomeStuffers