Complaint Review: HomeVestors - CKS Properties, LLC

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By:San Diego California
HomeVestors - CKS Properties, LLC
10 N. Chestnut Avenue Maple Shade, New Jersey U.S.A.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to Original report

*Consumer Comment: Technically the house is yours until the closing

*Author of original report: HomeVestors - CKS Properties, LLC False Promises Maple Shade New Jersey

I contacted HomeVestors after receiving several mailing advertising their service. I had accepted a position in California and wanted to sell my wife and my house quickly. One of their representatives came over, we explained the situation, and he accessed our house.

Admittedly, it was not in the best of shape, but their slogan was "We Buy Ugly Houses." We were given a figure my wife and i were satisfied with, also admittedly lower than we really wanted, and was told to leave the house as is. We instructed them that we had additonal packing to do and instructed them to wait until we were ready.

Within a week there was a sign up on our lawn and a lockbox on the door. My wife and I left for California for my position; my wife was to return to Lindenwold to finish the packing. Upon her return, she discovered the house had been burgalized, with major appliances missing.

The house was in their care; for the 13 years my wife and I lived there, we have hadn't as much as a newspaper taken from our property. We travel extensively, and have left the house before for weeks at a time.

I am currently seeking legal advice to consider my next step.

Mike
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2008 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomeVestors-CKS-Properties-LLC/Maple-Shade-New-Jersey-08052/HomeVestors-CKS-Properties-LLC-False-Promises-Maple-Shade-New-Jersey-350565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomeVestors - CKS Properties, LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to Original report

AUTHOR: Charles MacAdams - (United States of America)

I cannot believe these complaints remain active forever, however this is the only complaint our company has ever received and I can publish many testimonials as to how our company  has help people solve their real estate problems.

At any rate, as you can see from the complaint, my company is not being accused of any wrong doing. The police report also indicated that there was no sign of forced entry because a rear window pane of the back door was missing and a piece of cardboard placed there by the owners before they vacated the property. Also, in the report the owners indicated a neighbor had a key and was to check on the property. Anyone could have entered the property.

The owners did not nor would I accept the responsibility to care for a property I did not own. We alway use care when leaving any properties we have access to, to make sure they are left the same way as when we entered.

No action was ever taken against our company regarding any alleged theft. As the presmises were in such shambles when the owners left, it was impossible to even determine if anything was taken.

As far as I am concerned this is no longer an open issue.

Technically the house is yours until the closing

AUTHOR: Voiceofreason - (U.S.A.)

Technically the home still belongs to the seller until the closing. The contracts in most states clearly state this fact in them so that the seller keeps the insurance in tact until closing. Is is possible someone saw you packing/moving and knew the home was vacant and decided to break in? Or simply drove by and saw it ws vacant? Unfortuanly this type of thing is occuring all over the country as foreclosures are up and there are many vacant homes. Sometimes they even steal the copper wiring in the walls! It's unfortuante but a vacant house is a very risky thing to own these days. I dont think this makes the HomeVestors people "rip off" artists, does it? Im sure they were just trying to get started on the marketing of the home. Did you give them permission to have the sign and lockbox in the yard prior to closing? THEY SHOULD HAVE YOUR PERMISSION TO DO THIS.

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

After the house was robbed, I received a letter from HomeVestors informing me that were no longer interested in the property. So my wife and I wasted two months of time that we could have been exploring other avenues to sell our home; rather we stuck with a house of lessening value and now a crime scene in a neighborhood where you could leave your front door open all night and not worry about anything.

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)