enable

• Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Luis — Hollywood Florida
Homeaway listing 3011065
401 22nd st virginia beach, Virginia United States of America

Homeaway listing 3011065 ......Kept Security deposit..... virginia beach, Virginia

The owner kept my security deposit claiming damage to the apt. He reported the damage a week after I had checked out. I emailed Home away and this was their response:

Were so sorry to hear about your negative experience. We certainly appreciate the time and effort made to communicate this unfortunate situation. We want all of our travelers to have a positive experience.
When we receive complaints, we encourage both parties to work toward a mutual resolution. We provide the vacation rental owner or property manager an opportunity to resolve the dispute by forwarding the details of the complaint. Our procedure is to note both sides of the situation and our Trust & Security team then closely monitors accounts that have had a complaint filed against them. Per our Terms of Use, we are an advertising venue bringing owners and travelers together. We are not involved in the rental transaction or management of a property; therefore, we are not able to mediate disputes between owners and travelers.
According to our complaint process, we have taken the following actions:
1. We recorded your report as a formal complaint on this vacation rental owner's or property manager's account.
2. We forwarded the details of this complaint to the owner or property manager in order to give them an opportunity to respond.
Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention. We sincerely hope a mutual resolution will be reached shortly.
Best regards,
Krystal
U.S. Trust & Security Specialist
VRBO HomeAway and VacationRentals

You are on your own with Homeaway. I did dispute the charge with my credit card to no avail..Homeowner wanted me to send him a check saying he wasn't paid by the credit card. I have my statements to show I paid...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeaway-listing-3011065/virginia-beach-Virginia-23451/Homeaway-listing-3011065-Kept-Security-deposit-virginia-beach-Virginia-1036139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeaway listing 3011065