Complaint Review: Homeaway.com

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2012

• Reported By: Dr. Eli — philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America

Homeaway.com VRBO Don't buy the renters insurance Internet

I rented a property listed on VRBO. The name of the home was south sound villa. The property's owners website does not accurately portray the property at all and he has his family/ friends list positive reviews on tripadvisor and VRBO for him. I got the travelers insurance that states if the property is miss-presented they will help you get a partial refund for your stay. This is not true, the only thing they will help you get is your deposit back. They do not cover you for many things they list on their website. I have emails to prove this from the insurance rep that works for homeawy.com. The property lists a lot of equipment like a boat and kayaks. These items did not work. We did not have running water for three days because the property owner did not want to pay for it. The home was filthy and the pictures posted online were taken 10 years ago. Since then the house has been run down. The rental insurance stated if the home is mis-presented they will help you. I called the customer service phone number while I was still staying in the house, not once but four different times. They did not get back to me until  two weeks later to find out what the problem was. I sent them pictures of all the broken equipment, pictures of the home showing it was not represented accurately on their website, emails from the property owner in regards to our communication about not having water and his reponses. I had a lot of evidence and proof of the situation and was told unless I left the property immedialty after I checked in there is nothing they would do for me. 2 months later and they cloased my claim. Total waste of money to get the insurance. Mostl items on the contract agreement are false and not worth paying the extra money as it won't protect you. Only thing they helped me with was the deposit and really I got that back on my own from the property owner. After sending him emails about small claims court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeawaycom/internet/Homeawaycom-VRBO-Dont-buy-the-renters-insurance-Internet-964540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeaway.com