Complaint Review: Homecenter.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: Kaitlin — Mendham New Jersey United States of America
Homecenter.com
450 W 42ND ST Mail Box #39G New York, NY 10036 Internet United States of America

Homecenter.com Never received $524 credit for returned items - not even BBB can help! Internet

I ordered shower fixtures on 05/02/2011 for $671.05. I canceled part of the order on 05/26/2011 for $146.79. I returned the rest of the order within 30 days and completely within the website guideline (requested RMA, sent directly to vender with RMA #,etc.)

I tried to contact the company numerous times and always told, Waiting for vender authorization. I finally put in a BBB complaint last August and the owner, Brian, Okin, sent me an email that still processing vender authorization. I sent another email directly to Brian, a month ago with no response. Here is the email from last Nov. "Ticket #33588 Dear Kaitlin Weatherly, I'm now waiting for the vendor to receive the return and send me the credit memo paperwork."

Currently on the website, it claims that the RMA has a status 'Complete.' However, I never received the credit on my credit card. I am desperate to get my money back, it has been over a year since  the original order. No vendor takes this long to issue a credit memo.

Update 6/12/2012: I filed a second BBB complaint.  They respond to my detailed description of the problem, with general statements, obviously not even researching any of my complaint, then finally said they could not give a credit, only a discount on a future purchase.  I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole!

This is my first bad internet experience and boy am I sorry that I did not do any research before - it has been a costly $524 mistake!  The worst part is that I should have just sold the products on ebay instead of returning them, now Homecenter has my money, the original products and I paid for shipping back to them!  Ugh - makes me ill to think about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homecentercom/internet/Homecentercom-Never-received-524-credit-for-returned-items-not-even-BBB-can-help-Int-917396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homecenter.com