- Report: #1032407
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Homecomings Financial - Wilshire Credit Corp - Ocwen
Homecomings Financial - Wilshire Credit Corp - Ocwen2445 W. Dunlap, Ste. 100 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
Homecomings Financial (aka GMAC), Wilshire Credit Corp., & Ocwen FSB Homecomings never filed a valid Notice of Default or make any contact with us prior to suing for Foreclosure. Violated the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Phoenix Arizona
We filed Bankruptcy 9/18/2001. The Plaintiff held a Trustee/Foreclosure Sale 9/19/2001 when the defendants were under the protection of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy as of 9/18/2001. On 12/24/2001 the Buyer from the Trustee Sale (Don Rady/Value T Sales) posted an Eviction Notice on our door, while 10 family members were visiting from Louisiana. We maintained possession of our property. The Trustee sale was voided by 9th Circuit Appeals Panel and rescinded as per decision published by Judge Bowie, Federal Bankruptcy Court, June 2002. The Chapter 13 case was dismissed 10/24/2002.
Homecomings Financial, Wilshire Credit Corporation, & Ocwen FSB (Lenders/Plaintiff) sued for Foreclosure 11/2003, we (Owners/defendants)filed suit 12/2003 alleging Breach of Contract in that the Plaintiff did the following:
1. Violated the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) by transferring the loan and/or servicing rights without notifying us. We never received any payment coupons or Late Payment Notices from either Plaintiff.
2. Homecomings never filed a valid Notice of Default or make any contact with us prior to suing for Foreclosure.
3. Homecomings Financial and Wilshire Credit failed to provide a loan payoff statement within time prescribed by law. From 3/2002 through 11/2003 the Plaintiffs failed to provide a payoff to 6 different Lenders who we were already approved for Refinance Loans. The Loan Payoff eventually provided ($403,000) was inflated by $40,000 to $70,000 with unexplained or undocumented fees and/or forced property insurance premiums.
4.The Plaintiffs also violated RESPA by reporting that the property was "foreclosed" to all Credit Bureaus, preventing the Defendants from obtaining a Refinance Loan. Our credit reports indicate that we do not have a loan with any Lender.
5. Plaintiff inadvertently Reconveyed Title to defendants "as paid in full", March 2002, when the foreclosure was rescinded. Therefore there is not a valid note or mortgage lien against the property.
San Diego, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2005 03:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homecomings-Financial-Wilshire-Credit-Corp-Ocwen/Phoenix-Arizona-85021-2803/Homecomings-Financial-aka-GMAC-Wilshire-Credit-Corp-Ocwen-FSB-Homecomings-never-fil-1032407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.