Complaint Review: Homedepot.com

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2007

• Reported By:Highland Lakes New Jersey
homedepot.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Homedepot.com HomeDepot Ripoff Atlanta Georgia

Six months ago I received a defective shipment from HomeDepot.com who insisted that I pay for packaging and return shipping prices. Their return policy on the web states that unless the item is defective, the consumer pays for return. Although this items is defective, they would not consent to payment of packaging and shipment return. So, I disputed the amount on my credit card.

After six months, my credit card company advised me that they are removing the credit because the item was not returned. I still have the defective table in my garage. I await a replacement or their advice regarding their payment for packaging and a prepaid shipping label.

They made offers like 10% off my next web order or a $50 gift cert. The defective table is priced at $207.58. (hardly equitable). I want Home Depot to provide shipment back for this defective item according to their policy. It is a ripoff!

Linda kw
Highland Lakes, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2007 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homedepotcom/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Homedepotcom-HomeDepot-Ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-294453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homedepot.com