• Report: #192579

Homeland Housewares cheap plastic used to make spindle ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: As Promised - Progress Rerppot

*Consumer Comment: Late But Relevant

*Consumer Comment: Late But Relevant

I am writing to warn people not to buy the Magic Bullet. I bought 4 of them for Christmas presents the year before (2004). Just this past Christmas (2005)the cheap plastic wheel broke. The blades inside my mixer would not spin.

I called the company and asked for a replacement of the wheel and was told this was not available, BUT I could buy a replacement bottom for $39.99. This is the biggest ripoff of all times. The set only cost me $59.99. Why aren't these spindles made with good USA steel? Which would make more sense to use because it would be sturdy. But if this were done, the CEO's wouldn't become millionaires. Most companies today make cheap products with cheap labor. What do they care that the product won't last. They'll be making their millions.

I'm not saying the product wasn't good. I loved it, when it worked. Was great for me. I could make single meals fast. It just angers me that they wont't produce a $5.00 replacement piece as opposed to paying $39.99.
My daughter has informed me that her's too broke.
Until they make the product more durable, I wouldn't buy another set. Don't waste your money

Diana
Uniontown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2006 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeland-Housewares/internet/Homeland-Housewares-cheap-plastic-used-to-make-spindle-ripoff-Internet-192579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeland Housewares

As Promised - Progress Rerppot

AUTHOR: A Wise Woman - (U.S.A.)

As I reported earlier, I spoke to Customer Services at Homeland Housewares and placed an order for a replacement motor base (my unit was under warranty). $4.99 was charged to my account and I received my motor base, which is working beautifully, well within the promised time period. I even received an email describing the usual cause of the problem I was experienceing with my Magic Bullet and how to avoid the problem in the future. The information was helpful: I realized I was rushing to remove the blender apparatus from the motor base rather than waiting for the base to stop spinning independent of my intervention. When I simply removed my hand pressure without twisting the blender, the base does not shear the bottom of the blade.
Good customer service! And I was glad for it - I have not received adequate customer service in quite a long time. When people spend their money, they would at least like to be treated with a modicum of respect and cordiality. Homeland Housewares did that for me in this instance.
BTW - I am not an employee of Homeland Housewares or any of its possible subsidiaries.

Late But Relevant

AUTHOR: A Wise Woman - (U.S.A.)

I also had problems with the plastic spindle located in the motor component of a Magic Bullet. It started shearing the underside of the blades after a year of moderate use. HOWEVER: I called Homeland Houseware's customer service department this AM, and (since I was still under warranty) was informed, by "Jackie", that my product was eligible for a replacement motor component FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING ONLY. The cost for shipping? $4.99. I was also informed that I would receive this replacement motor within 7-10 business days.

Despite the inconvenience, if I receive this product as I was informed, I would say this is pretty good service. Yes, I would have liked the component to last several years, but products across-the-board seem to fall horribly short of that mark.

And, yes, I checked to be certain that this would be the only charge to my account BEFORE paying for the S/H.

So, we will see. . .I'll post back after I receive the product.

Late But Relevant

AUTHOR: A Wise Woman - (U.S.A.)

So, we will see. . .I'll post back after I receive the product.