Complaint Review: Homeland Housewares

• Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

Homeland Housewares ripoff cheap plastic fraud AS SEEN ON TV Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Late, But Fair Customer Service Nonetheless

I bought the Magic Bullet and this product lasted one week, and in this week we used it about ten times before it burnt out on us. I paid $60.00 for this product, but the $15.00 blender that I purchased at Wal-Mart has been more dependable and has given me better performance.

Anything that the Magic Bullet can do can be done by an average blender, which is much cheaper anyway. Don't be fooled by the cheesy infomercials that you see on TV where they show a job that actually takes the Magic Bullet six minutes done in 4 seconds. They simply cut the shoot to a solution that has already been prepared.

The Magic Bullet is no more than a cheap, over-priced rip-off. Don't waste your Money!!!!

Lionel
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2006 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeland-Housewares/nationwide/Homeland-Housewares-ripoff-cheap-plastic-fraud-AS-SEEN-ON-TV-Nationwide-214653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeland Housewares

AUTHOR: A Wise Woman - (U.S.A.)

I also had problems with the plastic spindle located in the motor component of a Magic Bullet. It started shearing the underside of the blades after a year of moderate use. HOWEVER: I called Homeland Houseware's customer service department this AM, and (since I was still under warranty) was informed, by "Jackie", that my product was eligible for a replacement motor component FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING ONLY. The cost for shipping? $4.99. I was also informed that I would receive this replacement motor within 7-10 business days.

Despite the inconvenience, if I receive this product as I was informed, I would say this is pretty good service. Yes, I would have liked the component to last several years, but products across-the-board seem to fall horribly short of that mark.

And, yes, I checked to be certain that this would be the only charge to my account BEFORE paying for the S/H.