Complaint Review: Homeq Services

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Shafter California
Homeq Services
7515 Irvine Center Drive , California U.S.A.

Homeq Services the biggest and dishonest company ripoff California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Lender Information

*Author of original report: we have a attorney and we want keep our home

*Consumer Comment: Jea - Look at your loan documents? Are you serious?

*Consumer Suggestion: Jea

*Author of original report: we paid homeq $8330 and foreclosure our home we have rights?

*Consumer Suggestion: Equifirst

*Author of original report: we look the way to save our home from homeq

we refinance with a company name Fidelity in Colorado and we suppose to start tto pay until May, but in the middle of April Mr. Kappula send a email to us we suppose will be start to paid until June and skip May because Fidelity sale the account to a company name Equifirst, we never receive any contract, copy or information and in the middle of June we still dont be able to send any payment, why? because we dont have the name of the bank we suppose to send it.

Homeq call and explain we may start to paid with them and send a note but with 2 different accounts and 2 different companies Equifirst and Homeq. well we contact back with Fidelity and after 180 days we receive a copy of the contract we sign in March, now we are 4 months behind and Homeq send 5 letters explain we have 35 days to paid $6,900 or they can force us out oour home, we start all these refi with Fidelity for $1400 and now we have to paid $16900 per month

we really sad and angry because we are in one step to lost our house and we can found any way to control these 3 companies and we have 3 different contracts

Yellowsand1964
Shafter, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2007 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeq-Services/California-92618/Homeq-Services-the-biggest-and-dishonest-company-ripoff-California-270147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeq Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Lender Information

AUTHOR: Homeq Knowledge - (U.S.A.)

If you really want to know who your lender is HomEq has that information and you must send a written request for that information.

we have a attorney and we want keep our home

AUTHOR: Yellowsand1964 - (U.S.A.)

we send payments to homeq with western union, until now is safe and secure and we hope to show those papers to the jugde, because even Equifirst is the name of the lender in our papers they doesnt know nothing about it....
and homeq already made the steps for foreclosure and also some of the western union payments are missing?
we do our best witrh these companies but looks as David & Goliaht...
and the person who write we need "babysit " to paid our payments a least we may have the right to have all the information of the real bank at first time not send the 3 banks together as a secure insurance which is always junk mail come in your mail.
at least it homeq is 'PROFESSIONAL" show it doing their job to send the information a time and not a pieces as credit cards offers

Jea - Look at your loan documents? Are you serious?

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

Jea

Homeq is a servicing company. Looking at your loan documents will only tell you who the original lender is. That might not be who has your loan not and in most of our cases it is not. I searched my title through a title company, my deed that is recorded at the court house and still can't figure out who owns my loan. Homeq will do it's best to hide this from you.

Please send a QRW to Homeq. They will have to answer you then

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Jea

AUTHOR: Whut? - (U.S.A.)

If you want to know who your lender is...read your loan documents...how hard can it be?

You signed them....read them.

Yellowsand...keep sending your payments in show "good faith" in recovering/keeping your home.

However being in California...did you pay your taxes or did HomEq? Taxes are due 12/07 and either 02/08 or 03/08...if HomEq previously paid your taxes and you just paid them also...you need to let them know right away with a paid receipt otherwise you will have a double tax payment....that will not be refunded to you or the mortgage company, but applied to the next tax due!
Mortgage companies pay taxes 1 month earlier than you would so if they were to be paying your taxes your tax due 12/07 will be paid this month...11/07!

we paid homeq $8330 and foreclosure our home we have rights?

AUTHOR: Yellowsand1964 - (U.S.A.)

we have some rights? we send quick collect with western union and homeq still send a man to our home and he show as county worker and whe we ask for a business card he never give to us, when we contact to the county, they explain they never send some of they employees at 9pm .. and our taxes are paid until next year..
so homeq have the right to foreclousure after he paid them?

AUTHOR: Jea - (U.S.A.)

Are you sure you are still not an employee? Your comments are just as rude as everyone I have had the privilege to speak with at the company.

If you are really an ex-employee then that explains alot. Homeq either hires people like you or you have been trained to be just like the rest of the debt collectors at Homeq.

I am curious, how much training does Homeq provide to teach their employees when and how to lie, how to make others feel like a low life and an idiot without actually using the words

I I know for a fact that Homeq is nothing but a servicer. They have refused me info as to who my lender is by trying to convince me that they own my mortgage. I finally found a way to force them to give me the info.

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Previous Employee - (U.S.A.)

It is amazing to me how many adults need to have a babysitter tell them everything they need to do. Why in the world would you wait for 4 months to find out who had your mortgage? Do you not think that it is your responsiblity to call and find out who to pay? Why would you not have 6,900 to pay Homeq? Is that not the money you already had budgeted to pay your mortgage with since you signed the documents? Come on, grow up and have some responsiblity! Don't make bills you can't pay.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#12 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#14 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

Many of the equifirst loans that were transfered to Homeq do not fall under the RESPA guidelines that prevent negative credit reporting and late charge assessments. This is because Equifirst originating many loans specifically for homeq servicing therefore those weren't standard transfers or sales so the respa guidelines didn't hold through. The standard 60 day "grace period" might not pertain to you.

It sounds like you've recieved the breach letter announcing how much is due by a certain date to prevent your account from falling into foreclosure workflow. I would advise trying to get on a repayment plan with homeq, which they will have to update a finacial statement to see if you qualify for it, but that is one way to ensure that your home will not go into foreclosure workflow. however if the repayment plan is broken, you could potentially go immediately into foreclosure workflow as well as you can be reported negatively to the credit bureaus while on the repayment plan, but in all honesty, a credit report with a few 30 or 60 day lates on it is much easier to repair than a credit report with a foreclosure on it.

#15 Consumer Suggestion

#16 Consumer Suggestion

#17 Consumer Suggestion

#18 Consumer Suggestion

Equifirst

AUTHOR: Whut? - (U.S.A.)

Equifirst went out of business probably right after you got a loan through them, they had to find a company to "service" your loan prior to your first mortgage payment-which must have been HomEq.

Equifirst could not process your first payment because they were in a panic and did nothing right, but should have told you in writing (the goodbye letter)your loan was transferring to HomEq 30 days prior to transferring, once a loan transfers to any servicing company the servicing company also must send you a "welcome" letter telling you you loan has tranferred to them and your "new" loan number (hence the 2 loan numbers Equifirst and HomEqs).

All new servicers have a sort of "grace period" for newly transferred loans to make payments due to having to get ALL the information from the loan originator(in your case Equifirst) so that they can begin collecting your payments, which is almost always 60 days, this is why your payments posted late.

Rule of thumb...always send your payments to your originator if due prior to transferring,using a check so you have a copy of the cancelled check if your loan transfers they must forward your payment to the new servicer.

Also submit your payments to your new "servicing company" once you have received your welcome letter,they have your loan number and even if they do not apply it to your payment it will be applied to either suspense or escrow(if applicable)as long your payment is received within your grace period and they have to reverse payments they cannot charge you any late fees and gives you a paper trail!

Read your NOTE this tells you when your first payment is due, you signed it-they signed it too, they will always use the terms of your NOTE against you if you do not follow the "rules"!

we look the way to save our home from homeq

we have 3 different contracts and we really want ssave our home
we start these refi with Fidelity and they sold to Equifirst and Homeq
now is around $6900 we can not afford to paid and these company wait around 180 days to send the correct information where we send the payments
the original contract was for $1400 a month and now homeq add to $1690 a month