Complaint Review: Homerun

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: Sue — Bodega Bay California U.S.A.
Homerun
help@homerun.com not listed, California United States of America

Homerun Chris Bunting I got an mail saying that a friend of mine sent me a free movie ticket, when I went to claim it, NADA, then I got emails saying that I sent other people free movie tickets which I DID NOT, California

First, I received an email supposedly from a friend of mine. Said that I was getting a free movie ticket. when I clicked on the link and got to site and tried to claim this, I had to put in my email address and password. Never got a voucher for a free movie ticket. Then this morning, I got several emails saying that I sent others an email like the one I had received, telling them that I sent them a free movie ticket. I never sent anyone an email and was furious.

I wrote to the company, which does not list where they are, no address listed, but had an email address. Then I got an email from them saying that the matter was resolved which it certainly IS NOT. There was no apology for sending out emails in my name to my contacts. Just boilerplate mumbo jumbo.

Here is what they sent me:

In order to receive and send a free gift we require our users to follow several steps:
1. Open your free gift email.
2. Click "Claim this Gift."
3. Enter your email login information.
4. Select which contacts you wish to send the gift to, then click next.

Each of these steps must be followed in order for a free gift to be sent. Once a free gift email is sent to selected addresses it is not possible to unsend such emails. I apologize for any grief this has caused you, it certainly is not our intention.

In order to redeem the free movie ticket you just have to follow a few steps.

1. Open your free gift email.
2. Click "Claim this Gift."
3. Enter your email login information.
4. Select which contacts you wish to send the gift to, then click next.
5. After that, just go to MovieTickets.com and enter your promo code (found in My HomeRuns after you login to your newly created HomeRun.com account) when you check out.

That's it! If you have any other questions about the redemption process or HomeRun.com, feel free to email me and I'll gladly help out!

Thanks,

Chris

which does not address what they did at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homerun/not-listed-California-/Homerun-Chris-Bunting-I-got-an-mail-saying-that-a-friend-of-mine-sent-me-a-free-movie-tick-684509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homerun