- Report: #198600
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Homes By Avi
Homes By Avi245 Forge Road SE Calgary, Alberta Canada
Homes By Avi Violations of the Alberta Building Code & Bad Customer Service ripoff Calgary Alberta
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The majority of the stucco problem stem from two areas:
1) The wood battens (either around the windows or as horizontal features in the stucco) have been applied without any flashing between the wood and the stucco. As Stucco is a porous material the water wicks behind the wood, causing rot and in worse situations mold. The flashing installation is specifically listed in the Alberta Building Code (1997) and the "recommended application methods" by the Stucco manufacturers, yet in the building boom in Calgary many houses are being built with out this.
2) The second area of concern is the stucco thickness. The Alberta Building Code requires 19mm (3/4") to be applied to the houses, and in the case of my house and my neigbours the thickness is certainly not there. The building inspector estimated that my house and my neigbours both have an average thickness of less than 1/2" with some areas as thin as 1/4", which works out to 67% less than the minimum allowable.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2006 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homes-By-Avi/Calgary-Alberta-T2H-0S9/Homes-By-Avi-Violations-of-the-Alberta-Building-Code-Bad-Customer-Service-ripoff-Calgary-198600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.