Complaint Review: Homestyle Book Club

• Submitted: Tue, May 03, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 03, 2005

• Reported By:coram New York
Homestyle Book Club
1225 South Market St., Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055 , U.S.A.

Homestyle Book Club RIPOFF Homestyle Book Club Mysterious Late Fees & Deliver & Charge Books never ordered. Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

Homestyle Book Club is kind of like Columbia House and BMG, where they send you 5 books for $2 or something like that and you agree to buy another 3 over 2 to 3 years. The shipping and handling is ridiculous but you expect that.

Here's where the deal goes bad. They send you books that you never ordered and you get bills with mysterious charges on the statement.

THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. THEY GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND, BIG TIME!

All in all, I finally got them to come up with a bill the actually reflected the books I bought and I paid it and cancelled my account.

Then I get another bill with additional charges and a $4 late fee when I never even got a bill in the first place. Finally, I paid that bill just to end this BS because its time consuming and told them to shove it where the sun don't shine and I still got another bill after that. Which I called and they told me not to pay that one. I can only wonder what I'll receive from them in the future.

THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM. BUYER BE VERY AWARE!!!!!!

(To backup my info: I have over 740 FICO and I have never had any lateness in the 14 years I have had credit cards, leases and car loans.)

Steve
coram, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2005 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homestyle-Book-Club//Homestyle-Book-Club-RIPOFF-Homestyle-Book-Club-Mysterious-Late-Fees-Deliver-Charge-Boo-141374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homestyle Book Club