Complaint Review: Hometown America - Dana Robinson

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Lewisville Texas
Hometown America - Dana Robinson
4000 Ace Lane Lewisville, Texas U.S.A.

Hometown America And Dana Robinson DECEPTIVE AND HAZARDOUS HOME SOLD TO MY FAMILY!! Lewisville Texas

*Consumer Comment: I was just wondering

My family and I purchased a home of our own in August 2006. Intrusting Hometown America with a pre-owned mobile home for my family to grow with. Not only did Dana Robinson give us a beautiful home to call our own, but she also delivered a home full of unexpected repairs. Not only did Dana and Hometown America deceive my family, but also put all of our lives at stake. My family not only has already replaced the entire roof and wall paneling in the home, but we have the entire kitchen floor to replace. Our shower is rotten and was just painted over. We have rotten floorboards all over the kitchen. Rotten wood trim all around the trim of our house that crumbles in our hands. The cracks in the trim were beautifully painted at the time we viewed the home. We found leaks from the wood trim and it had developed BLACK MOLD! Black mold in our walls, in the dining room, and in bedrooms. Black mold on the frame outside of our house and all over the inside of the insulation and wall paneling. My family has had bloody noses and shortness of breaths, fatigue, and numerous headaches. All of us had flu like symptoms three times this year. My daughter has had horrible inflammation and skin infections on her body and been in hospitals and on antibiotics and the infections have just returned. My family has only received violations of grass not being short enough and other misc. violations. We have complained about other tenants to no avail. We must repaint our porch that has 20 layers of paint peeling before we can renew our lease. Hometown America, what can I say to describe them anymore. They have turned our family home into a mold infestation and health hazard! My family and I are trying to get some resolution in our many problems, but are at a loss. We are dumbfounded! We do not know what to do! This is our home and mortgage for many years!

Kathryn
Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2007 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hometown-America-Dana-Robinson/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Hometown-America-And-Dana-Robinson-DECEPTIVE-AND-HAZARDOUS-HOME-SOLD-TO-MY-FAMILY-Lewisv-271874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hometown America - Dana Robinson

I my self am a home owner of The Woodlands in NY.
I was just wondering, is this your first time buying a home or did you just literaly 'run' through it when you looked at the home the first time? Did you not do any type of inspection?