Complaint Review: Hometown Coupon & Movie Magazine,

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: Scam_Watchdog — United States of America
Hometown Coupon & Movie Magazine,

Hometown Coupon & Movie Magazine, Sean Boylan, Shaun Boylan, Shawn Boylan, Michael J. Boylan, John LeRe, John LaRe, Johnny LeRe III, Family Cinema Clips, www.familycinemaclips.com, www.couponsandmovies.com, RAM, RAM Theater Services, Restaurant And Movie Services, Scam, Ponzi Scheme, Convicted Felon for forging checks, $20 million lawsuit, Internet

*Author of original report: How Can You Be Reached?

*Consumer Comment: Yes, I was scammed with movieclips

*Author of original report: UPDATE TO THIS SCAM

*General Comment: I Need To Correct The Name Of The Person Mentioned

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You Must Be CRAZY If You Believe This!

*General Comment: He's in Colorado Now!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rick and Toni

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Michael J Boylan Probation Officer

*Consumer Comment: Boylan At It Again, Hometown Coupon and Movie Magazine

This person is a scam artist.  I did design work for this person and they never paid me for the work, even with repeated requests to be paid ! Then I went online to do more research and I found out that this is Mr. Boylan's standard method of operation!  Do not trust Mr. Boylan, don't do work for him and don't give him any money!!  Here are the links that I found from other people who've done business with Mr. Boylan:

http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/showdetails.aspx?id=10236528&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search  (view thumbnails)

http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/showdetails.aspx?id=10874568&rn=1&pi=0&ref=search  (view thumbnails)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hometown-Coupon-Movie-Magazine/internet/Hometown-Coupon-Movie-Magazine-Sean-Boylan-Shaun-Boylan-Shawn-Boylan-Michael-J-Boyl-996753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hometown Coupon & Movie Magazine,

How Can You Be Reached?

AUTHOR: Scam_Watchdog - ()

Hello Almost Scammed,

How can one reach you?  I'd like to hear more about your situation and explain the things myself and others have done to put this scam artist away.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Yes, I was scammed with movieclips

AUTHOR: Almost scammed - ()

Yes I am the latest scam victim of Movie Clips magazine.  He will not send my $450 back even though I was told I could get it back if I change my mind.  He is a scam artist to the max.

We need to stop the SOB and get him back in jail.

He put an ad in craigslist and uses the title advertising salesperson.  What a scum.  Thank God I got out when I did and didn't publish any magazines with him.  He will rot in hell for sure.

UPDATE TO THIS SCAM

AUTHOR: Scam_Watchdog - ()

I want to update this information and let everyone know that is he now calling his publication the "Movie-Clips" Magazine.  AND, he is still scamming good folks out of their money.

Not sure who wrote the things about William (Bill) Boylan above, but I did hear he passed away.  It is not true, however, the Bill posted all this stuff on Rip-Off Report - clearly, if he's passed, he cannot still be posting here.

There are links listed here on Rip-Off Report on Mr. Boylan that are PUBLIC record.  You cannot make this up, it is REAL.  These links show that Mr. Boylan has had a histroy of financial issues - from forging checks, owing the IRS a very large sum, and a $20 MILLION dollar lawsuit (which by the way, was for the EXACT same type of business - coupon publications).  He only seems to break the law when it comes to money.

Do you feel comfortable in giving your money to a person who has a PUBLIC record of mismanaging his money and not paying for his responsibilities?

Save yourself the headache and heartache and move on to another legitimate opportunity - one you can make money from, not lose it.

God Bless and Good Luck.

#4 General Comment

I Need To Correct The Name Of The Person Mentioned

AUTHOR: Jill - ()

The person who is running the Ponzi Scheme is Michael Shaun Boylan, who also goes by the names Sean Boylan, Boylen, Bollen.

I know this because I was also scammed by him. Shaun is on house arrest commiting this scam and the Fort Myers Police nor his probation officer won't do a thing. The FBI won't help either.

I purchased the following domains to try and stop Shaun Boylen from stealing from other people.

WWW.BACKSTAGEDIRECTMARKETING.COM

WWW.FORTMYERSCOUPONMOVIEMAGAZINE.COM

WWW.BACKSTAGEMOVIESPUBLISHING.COM

WWW.SEANBOYLEN.COM

WWW.SHAUNBOYLEN.COM

Clicking on the business names will bring you directly to this Rip Off page and clicking on his name will bring you to his arrest record.

This guy is a scumbag who needs to be stopped.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You Must Be CRAZY If You Believe This!

AUTHOR: James - ()

A gentleman named Bill Boylan recenty passed away committing suicide in his home on Christmas morning of 2013. I will not pile on and I DO WISH that he rest in peace.

But the truth must be told...He was fired from his Job by his boss and Cousin in 2009 and went on a rage campaign on a website called RIP Off Report. First, he created 16 alias email addresses and then posed as various people, both men and women and wrote crazy accusations about his Cousin and successful businesss owner Shaun Michael Boylan.

Now most people give little or no credence to what is written here by jealous or vindictive people, but some ARE actually fooled into believing the lies written.

The person being charged here is in fact the founder of the Direct Mail Coupon Magazine form of advertising, owned the nation's largest Coupon Mailer Company for over 20 years and helped HUNDREDS of American Families reach their dreams.

One last thing: Mr. Bill Boylan who perpetuated all of these lies, isolated his entire family with his behavior and took his life with no friends, no contact with his Brothers, his Mom, his Son or his Daughter and a wife who recently had him arrested for beating her...would you believe this guy? He spent his time weaving lies online...you should read what he posted here about his own Son.

#6 General Comment

He's in Colorado Now!

AUTHOR: j press - ()

Hi, I just applied for a ad on Craigs for Colorado Springs Graphic Designers Needed for Major Expansion and it took me all of 10 min. on the phone with this guy to get a gut feeling that something wasnt right. He is now opperating under Backstage Movies Publishing.  The exact same scheme he has done to so many people. After getting off the phone with him and prying his last name out of him, which was none of what is listed, he told me Sean Doylen, we did a little research and found all of the above info. whew!!! I dodged that bullet. Well, after being in the graphics biz for 20+ years, and running my own business, he said some pretty screwy things, and he got pissed because his outgoing email server wasnt working right. He got a little testy with me. I thought "like Hell" Im working for this a-hole :) Anyhoo, I reported and flagged his ad on Craigs, I notified Quad (whom I have worked with in the past) about his current scam, and I posted an ad to all Graphic Designers in my area warning them about this guy, along with the link to this site and all of his crimes. I am also going to call his probation officer to inform her of his little scheme. I feel very fortunate that my gut told me RUN!!! He could have ruined my credit, my relationships with my customers, and my reputation in my town I have worked very hard to build over the last decade; not to mention that people like this are a threat because they are desperate. This is the current contact info he gave me below, he didnt want to give it to me, but with the email problems, he did. He needs to go to prison, and stop ruining other peoples lives.

Hope this helps other people who might be in contact with this jerk, sincerely, Colorado Bullet Dodger ;)

-Sean
Backstage Movies Publishing
"America's Fastest Growing Coupon Mailer"
www.backstagemovies.com
backstagemoviesinfo@gmail.com
My Direct Phone Number:
239-692-0047

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rick and Toni

AUTHOR: Lori - (USA)

Rick and Toni,Do something or shut Your Pie Hole's

You have the info..You know where he live's and his PO 's # Jessica Martin 239-338-2603 ..
Now do something or go find a tornado to catch !!!!

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Michael J Boylan Probation Officer

AUTHOR: Lori - (USA)

Michael J Boylan Probation Officer is Jessica Martin 239-338-2603....Call and he will be violated !Besides being a scam artist he is also a pedifile !!!

Step Up and take the time to put him away for life !Having an AKA alone of many name's violates the term's of his probation !

He know's who I am !!!

Boylan At It Again, Hometown Coupon and Movie Magazine

AUTHOR: PublisherX - (USA)

Yes the above information and links are true and accurate but just a sampling of online documents that support and verify this claim. Just yesterday was made aware of yet another new publisher that has fallen victim to this convicted felon James Michael Boylan of Bonita Springs Florida.

Boylan in 2010 - 2012 scammed dozens and dozens of designers, publishers and printing companies operating his "Coupon, Movie and Menu Magazine" scam, and by utilizing the domain name CouponsAndMovies.com . This operation was virtually shut down through a combined group effort of many publishers that were duped in multiple ways.

Boylan attempts to now relaunch using the name "Hometown Coupon and Movie Magazine" and with a "Coming Soon" website (proxy registered) under the domain name of familycinemaclips.com . Since Boylan's November 2012 repackaged launch people are already suffering from the same fradulent economic business practices and lies that Boylan perpertuated previously.

Boylan is now primarily using Craigslist to solicit new victims as the top tier of job listing sights ban him just as soon as they discover he is back posting jobs under a new name. Boylan cloaks his real name by using Shaun, Sean and other names including ficticious imaginations and other people that he solicits to operate his scam.

Literally 1000's of businesses across the country have suffered loss due to Boylan's scams. Designers and publishers across the country have suffered unrecoverable business losses, reputations and personal properties.