Complaint Review: Hometown dumpster rental.com

Hometown dumpster rental.com

Hometown dumpster rental.com They are not Reputable! national, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Understanding the National Dumpster Rental concept

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response From Hometown

I was looking for a trash bin rental company to get rid of my junk at my commercial property. I searched online for local trash bin rentals and www.hometowndumpsterrental.com came up #1 on the search engine. They got lots of facebook "likes" and no negative reports. Their webpage said that they use local and trusted companies. Unfortunately, the company they recommended me turned out to be a fraudulent company called All Haul Demolition & Recycling. Not only did I entrust that company with my credit card info, they never delivered the bin and strung me along with lies. Please do not trust this company. If you look at the bottom of their website in small print, you will see that they do not  guarantee the companies listed on their site. That should say it all. Don't be like me and get burned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2011 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hometown-dumpster-rentalcom/internet/Hometown-dumpster-rentalcom-They-are-not-Reputable-national-Internet-734110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hometown dumpster rental.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Understanding the National Dumpster Rental concept

AUTHOR: Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of North - (United States of America)

Disclosure: Easy Bins Dumpster Rental of Northern VA is a service provider under the Hometown Dumpster Rental umbrella. We use them as a lead generation system whereas you call a designated phone number that is tracked by them, and then routed to us.  Hometown Dumpster Rental presents a valuable service to those dumpster rental companies do not have Internet expertise by providing a lead generation system that they would not have otherwise.

When you call any 800 number, or visit a national website, they are only the middleman in the transaction.  Some tack on a fee atop of the local provider's price, or have a per-call fee.  In this particular case, to blame Hometown for a service problem is really unfair.  You don't blame the salesman when your TV, car, or house has a problem, right?

When renting a dumpster, you need to do your homework, and figure out who the local companies are in your area.  If you cannot find one, then contacting a National site/number will help you make the connection.  BUT, if you do that AND you have a problem, then you MUST let that National company know that you had a problem, and not just flame them on the Intrawebs. That's lame.

As an owner of a local dumpster rental company, I would be embarrassed to NOT provide the best level of service, and it would be worse if Hometown learned of my poor performance through this method, vice a simple phone call.  I hope that you resolved your issue with THAT company, and it is unfortunate that you took your anger out on HDR.

Thanks for you time,

Easy Bins Dumpter Rentals
12 & 14 cubic-yard, driveway-sized, roll-off dumpters
Woodbridge, VA
571-357-3279

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response From Hometown

AUTHOR: Hometown - (United States of America)

We are sorry to hear that this user of our website received poor service from one of the local haulers advertised on our site.  As the internet's leading source for information on local trash haulers, we advertize hundreds of local haulers that help with thousands of cleanup projects everyday.  The overwhelming majority of those interactions between local haulers and their customers go as planned and result in a happy, satisfied customer.  Unfortunately, in this situation, that apparently wasn't the case.

At Hometown, we take consumer complaints about any trash haulers on our site very seriously.  In the few instances where we have received a direct complaint, we have investigated and attempted to resolve the situation to the customer's satisfaction.  In this case, we did not have the opportunity to investigate the complaint because this customer of the local hauler did not contact us directly to notify us that they were  dissatisfied.