Complaint Review: Homevestors UG We Buy Ugly Houses A Waste Of TIME!!

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
Homevestors UG We Buy Ugly Houses A Waste Of TIME!!
26550 Grand River Avenue Redford, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 313-3877500
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Homevestors UG We Buy Ugly Houses A Waste Of TIME!! wasted my time thinking they would buy my home Redford Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: HomeVestors makes offers that make sense

I contacted the "UG" We Buy Ugly Houses company, you might may recognize their clay like cave man signs throughout your city. I am an investor in Detroit, MI and I own quite a bit of property and I had a few houses I wanted to unload dirt cheap just because I wanted to free up some capital.

So I contact them and it took them a tad bit longer than I had expected to get back to me but they did. The woman gathered some info from me and after doing her research told me that they are only buying homes in my area for between $10,000 & $15,000... I was no happy with the numbers but on one property I hppen to be exactly $15,000 into it investment wise so I said what the hell, I dont mind breaking even on one property, so we schedule for them to come out and evaluate the houses.

I meet the guy who I will not reveal his name, lets just call him "JT" at the house and i will say "JT" turned out to be a real cool guy, he was just doin his job when he told me that Homevestors would only give me $3000 Cash for my house.

Lets keep in mind that when i purchased the home i paid almost double that and it was fire damaged, so i sunk another 10-12k into it with all new windows, plumbing, electricial, paint, doors, the works, and here I am being told hey they will offer you $3000. And this house a year ago had an $80,000 mortgage on it.

My advice is for anyone thinking of selling your home to them you wasting your time and your better off selling it through an agent, I did a tad bit more homework on this company and it seems they give you more of the run around more than anything else, and if you do sell them your home they are gonna turn right aroung and sell it for 20 times more than what they give you for it all along telling you they can sell your house for alot but once the papers are signed they are asking for more than what they told you they could even put it on the market for.

STAY AWAY FROM WWW.HOMEVESTORS.COM

Dreperry08
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 09:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homevestors-UG-We-Buy-Ugly-Houses-A-Waste-Of-TIME/Redford-Michigan-48240/Homevestors-UG-We-Buy-Ugly-Houses-A-Waste-Of-TIME-wasted-my-time-thinking-they-would-buy-333622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homevestors UG We Buy Ugly Houses A Waste Of TIME!!

AUTHOR: Voiceofreason - (U.S.A.)

I'm guessing the person making this comment is a competitor of Homevestors and has some sour grapes. The Detroit market has taken such a nose dive that hardly anyone can buy in the city as banks wont lend. It's a very depressed market and there is no way anyone could tell someone over the phone exaclty what the offer would be, that's why they come to look at it. Perhaps the home needed more work than was indicated on the phone? In anycase does making a lower offer than you wanted really warrant a "Rip Off" report? You can just say no instead of trying to tarnish someone's reputation just because they did not want to buy your house at your price.

philosophical